*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

LUniqueDan,

Correct. Revenge of the Nerds.

Can somebody reply and tell me if my answer was correct. I have seen Pluto Nash a few times and I know I am correct, but i would like like some confirmation for starting a new one. Thanks....

Dan, your turn.

LUniqueDan

How many open thread do we have now ??? This is starting to get messy.

Anyway here's my shots :

One of the best sci-fi movie ever made by man kind. (After Blade Runner of Course  ;D ).
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Dualnames

DAN SEND ME THAT FILM'S NAME IN PM, I WANNA SEE IT BADLY. LIKE FUCKING BADLY, FUCK THE CONTEST AND SHIT, GIMME THE  NAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEE!!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

ddq

Total Recall?
Armageddon?
Norbit?

gameboy

Les maîtres du temps (Time Masters) most likely.

RetroJay

Quote from: Domino on Thu 25/08/2011 10:17:39
Can somebody reply and tell me if my answer was correct. I have seen Pluto Nash a few times and I know I am correct.

Hi Domino.

You are correct. ;D
It is 'The Adventures Of Pluto Nash'.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. I have been away from comp.

Jay.

straydogstrut

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Thu 25/08/2011 13:03:48

One of the best sci-fi movie ever made by man kind. (After Blade Runner of Course  ;D ).

I have no idea what that is and I want to see it too so hurry up with the answers people! How could I have missed what is clearly a masterpiece?!

Dualnames

Quote from: straydogstrut on Thu 25/08/2011 19:57:10
Quote from: LUniqueDan on Thu 25/08/2011 13:03:48

I have no idea what that is and I want to see it too so hurry up with the answers people! How could I have missed what is clearly a masterpiece?!

It also appears, as old school detailed anime, which is my favorite, so DAN, hurry the fuck up!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ilyich

I'm pretty sure gameboy is right, and it's Jean Giraud's (aka Moebius - an amazing comics artist) and Rene Laloux's (of Fantastic Planet fame) Les Maîtres du temps.

LUniqueDan

We've got a Winner !

Gratz' Gameboy I'm still surprise someone know it, But I heard that Eastern Europe have fans of this movie (I believe - but I may be wrong - that It was available In Soviet Union before the Wall felt down).

(Also Gratz' Ilytch - Next time be faster, will ya?)

It was Time Masters (aka Les Maîtres du Temps) Based on Stephan Wul's The Orphan from Perdide

Synopsis :
Piel is a young boy alone on an hostile planet far away with an subspace communication device. Piel believe the mike is a living creature with many voices. At the other side of the galaxy a team try to reach Perdide in a rescue mission.
And, Yes it's one of the best Hard Sci Fi made. I cry at the end every time I watch that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vx4qR5hRKI

Warning : Not to watch with young Childrens : it's kinda violent and Psycho at some moments.

Gameboy : the thread is yours.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Igor Hardy

If this movie is really French and the stills are this detailed , then the animation must suck terribly.

EDIT: From the YT link I can see that I was very wrong about the animation quality. I wonder why this film isn't better known. There wasn't too much stuff like that in the 80s, not to mention early 80s. In fact I don't think there was anything comparable at that time outside of some anime films that rarely made it to the West.

Thanks very much for the info, Dan! I'm from Eastern Europe and no one ever mentioned this film here. Maybe it was making rounds on VHS once, but got quickly forgotten.

Igor Hardy

Is it Attack of the Spam Masters?

straydogstrut

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Thu 25/08/2011 22:54:35
It was Time Masters (aka Les Maîtres du Temps) Based on Stephan Wul's The Orphan from Perdide

Looks great and it's on Play with artwork and English subs for a not too shabby £9.99 - yoink - another one added to my collection=D

Continuez gameboy..

gameboy

I apologize for not having time at the moment, so anyone fast enough can steal a turn. Even Dualnames! :)

Buckethead

Quick ninja post!

I lolled so much at this movie!

Igor Hardy

Double Team!

Haven only seen a fragment on TV once, but you can easily recognize these guys in the photo.

Buckethead

indeed, it is.

But it allows me to post this now:

The funny absurd ending of the movie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk