*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Sorry for the delay. I'm turning into Dualnames. ;)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Looks like a still from The Explorers with their silly orb-spaceship made of junk.

Ryan Timothy B

Unfortunately no, that's not what this movie is but I knew someone would guess that movie.  ;)

I actually couldn't remember what that movie was called so I'm happy you reminded me. Explorers was an excellent movie when I was a child, I'll see if I can download it.

This movie is a lot more recent than that.

Domino

Ryan Timothy B

Definitely not. This movie doesn't involve space at all and isn't old at all. ;)

LUniqueDan

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 09/11/2011 00:45:26
Looks like a still from The Explorers with their silly orb-spaceship made of junk.

The Born-in-Usa is not a silly orb-spaceship made of junk.  >:(  >:(

You just killed my childhood. :'(
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 08/11/2011 23:19:47
I actually went and watched it again just now.  I have to skip most of the musical bits because they just bore me but otherwise it holds up well for a movie made when I was 3 years old.

As corny as the songs are, I still like some of them. Especially the song Rowlf and Kermit sing about their woman troubles. The older I got, the more meaning that song had for me.  ;)

Gilbert

Hmmm. 'Caution' is printed on the orb. Is it a booooomb?
Continuing with my random guess that I'm sure it is not correct, Batman Returns.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteYou just killed my childhood

Oh come on, Dan.  They made that ship out of poorly-welded circus parts and twine.  It was like watching a *bad McGyver episode.  I still enjoyed the movie though, I admit.

*all McGyver episodes are bad cheese.

LUniqueDan

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 09/11/2011 09:22:13

They made that ship out of poorly-welded circus parts and twine. 

Yeah but it worked !

MacGiver would have built a giant inflatable duck out of garbage bags and duct tape. Then steal the circuits from a nameless East-German terrorist organisation while saving a girl.  EDIT : And at the end of the show, he will let the duck ship fly away while the girl make one memorable why-this-guy-is-not-trying-to-sleep with-me face.

The A-Team would have improved the concept with a 50's caliber machine gun on the top of the garbage can and rocket launcher bolted to the rear wing, but none of them will be just able to find the Power switch of the computer. Anyway, Barracuda won't fits in the cockpit and Face don't need such device to grab an highschool girl.

Walter Bishop from Fringe will olny induce himself an LSD overdose and just spaced out to the E.T ship without building anything cool. That will olny lead to a reset of the actual story and the serie will start again from scratch.

Jacob Hood from Eleventh Hour would make a 20 minutes speech about what the chip is suppose to do then suddently arrest the janitor of the Lab for murder without any particular link to the story.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Igor Hardy

Eggie

Are you guessing that because the Sexy Beast poster has a swimming pool on it?

Igor Hardy

No. Because it had some giant rocks falling in the swimming pool in it.

Eggie

I still think you're just basing this off the poster. That giant grey boulder you thought you saw... that's just Ray Winstone.

Ryan Timothy B

No to all the guesses.

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Wed 09/11/2011 05:27:07
Hmmm. 'Caution' is printed on the orb. Is it a booooomb?
Nope. It's actually a big ball with a seat and person in it, built by a bunch of jocks.
I'll post another pic in a bit if no one guesses correctly.

But another hint, this movie was released within 2010-2011.

Domino

Is it one of those JackAss movies?

Ryan Timothy B

Nope. It's a comedy movie based in the late 80's.

Here's the second screenie:

His airbag went off blowing cocaine into his face. ;)

Ryan Timothy B

Hmm. I figured this movie would be a little more popular than this. lol

Here's the third screenshot revealing the protagonist and his date:

Stupot

Seeing as no one got it yet and Googling seems to be accepted:

Spoiler
Take Me Home Tonight.
[close]
Can't say I've ever seen it, or want to...

Ryan Timothy B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk