*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LUniqueDan

J.S Sebastian New Toys ?
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Igor Hardy

No.

It's not an English language film, but very well-known in certain parts of the world.

Stupot

He looks like a cross between Tintin and Peewee.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 01/01/2012 23:36:13
He looks like a cross between Tintin and Peewee.

Your thoughts are going in the right direction. It's a classic character.

Anian

Well I think it might be Å vejk/Schweik/Å vejko or whatever your choice of spelling is, but I don't know much about the movie name. The uniform might fit the time period and the face certanly is similar to the usual interpretation.  :-\
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Tabata

Igor Hardy

Good to see a happy face, but that's not exactly the right film adaptation (I think that one is a German TV series and not a film actually).

As far as I know, the adaptation I got my photo from is by far the most iconic one. Here's a popular promo still from it:

So I'd say anian wins, if he can come up with the title and a more convinced smiley. If he doesn't want it, then it's open to anyone who points to the correct movie.

Tabata

Quote from: Ascovel on Mon 02/01/2012 00:46:50
Good to see a happy face, but that's not exactly the right film adaptation (I think that one is a German TV series and not a film actually).

There is a german movie (black/white) from the sixties, too -but you posted a coloured pic - So I meant the link only to come up with the title for anian ;)

Edit:
How about him? - The Good Soldier Schweik

Anian

First of all, I am slowly evaporating into mist, because it's 2 am and I'm listening to new Sherlock Holmes soundtrack...
Second thing, I really wouldn't know which movie to put, so if any more western people (should be earlier there) or Tabata (who is cheerfully alive at 2 am and was more precise with the guess) are welcomed to take a turn if you ask me.

Btw I was in Prag/Prague/Prahi a month ago and they have all these Å vejk restaurants around, good food and good beer of course (not as good as the Munich stuff, but still good).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Igor Hardy

Alright then - Tabata wins the next turn and anian goes to dream! :D

Tabata

OOOPS - but anian knew, that it is the soldier Schweik â€" ahem

Ooookay - Now I can only try to confuse everybody by posting a well known popular film, so if you insist I'll give it a try ;D

will this do?

@anian
It's 02:30  over here, too - only some hours left to go to work again ;)

miguel

I know this one, it's 'Dolly Parton, The Early Years'!.... :=
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

in this case the dolls are made for a very special girl - but it's not dolly  ;D

Stupot

I was about to Google "dolly" "very special girl" "period drama", but decided that would look bad if the police were to ever get hold of my hard drive.

Igor Hardy

Tabata

drama/horror is the correct direction but the rest doesn't fit
+ somehow "kind of eating" is involved, too  ;)

Edit:
... here you have another one from this american movie:

miguel

Why are all the characters on that film staring at me so...starved?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

They might be hungry or you might have sweet blood  ::)

Igor Hardy

Interview with the Vampire?

Tabata

Quote from: Ascovel on Mon 02/01/2012 21:18:31
Interview with the Vampire?

You got it!

Your turn Ascovel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk