*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Nope. But several gas tanks do explode over the course of this story.

Armageddon

Hobo With a Shotgun

Drive Angry

Max Payne

LUniqueDan

Saving Private Dualnames ?
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Stupot

Is anyone else reminded of those diagrams of the inside of the female organ?

No?  Just me?

I'll get me coat...

LUniqueDan

[*Guess the Rorschach pattern*]
How dare you, it's a space interceptor.
[/*Guess the Rorschach pattern*]
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Domino

Ponch

Nope. Wrong wrong wrong. It appears I shall have to re-clue you.

Hint: This movie has Wilford Brimley at his most bad ass.

ddq

The Thing? Diabeetus commercial?

Ponch

Nope. No motorcycle chases and sweet, sweet mullets in The Thing.  ;)

Dualnames

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Fri 13/01/2012 00:32:44
Saving Private Dualnames ?

lol. That movie does ring a bell btw. I remember a young blonde dude racing against a "heavy metal" guy on a beach or something. Am I close?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

If by "heavy metal" you mean Cajun accordion zydeco music, then you're on the right track.  :=

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ponch

Quote from: anian on Fri 13/01/2012 08:18:40
Is it Hard target?

It certainly is!  :D

Fun fact: I was at Mardi Gras the year after Van Damme made this movie and the city of New Orleans had made him the Bacchus the lord of the festival. He was on a float, throwing these coins with his face on them out into the crowds. I caught one and I have it a box somewhere in the closet.

Truly, a brush with greatness.  8)

Your turn, sir.

Anian

Fun fact: this movie was like a couple of weeks ago on tv, because our tv channels suck.

I used to think these kind of films were awesome, then turned like 12 and I started to make fun of them, because that's what people are supposed to do, even though they're the staple of the late 80s and early 90s  ;D

Next one, a film that actually surprised me that I kind of liked it, even though it has 2 actors I really hate:

Ponch

Quote from: anian on Fri 13/01/2012 16:59:41
I used to think these kind of films were awesome, then turned like 12 and I started to make fun of them, because that's what people are supposed to do, even though they're the staple of the late 80s and early 90s  ;D

I used to love Van Damme movies (and Chuck Norris, etc) when I was a kid. As an adult, I love them for completely different reasons. I missed the "let's make fun of this silly movie" phase entirely. I wish we still made coherent but dumb movies like those. It seems like too many of the action movies today are either incoherent (Transformers and Sucker Punch), or trying way to hard to be deep / have a message (Bourne and the Matrix). I miss simple plots and bad one liners.  :=

Also, I love the movie you posted. But I just had a turn, so I'll let someone else have it.

mode7

Royal Tennenbaums?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: mode7 on Fri 13/01/2012 18:37:33
Royal Tennenbaums?

Definitely - that only could be Paltrow, Stiller and... some other guy.

Anian

Correct and I see too easy. You were first, so lead on mode7.

Dualnames

Wilson. THAT MOVIE IS AWESOME MUSIC-WISE
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

mode7

OMG! Can't belive I got one right this time. I've been lurking in this thread for ages.
Nice movie btw - I like the whole feel of these wes anderson movies. They have this dreamy nostaligic feeling to it. Must be the music,yes..

Well, here's the revenge. A true masterpiece

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk