Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Noctambulo

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 17/01/2012 00:20:36
Anyhoo, let's keep the bad 80s cinema rolling. Here's my next pic:

Hmmm... You cheated?  ???

Freejack is from the 90's...

LUniqueDan

FreeJack - Or When The Soundtrack is Better than The Movie Even if Anthony Hopkins Was into It And Started So Well With The anti-Riot Armored Car Until it Becames Lame Like Hell But Dan put the Song on His Own SciFi Mix Anyway Along With GnR You Could Be Mine ?

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

Quote from: Noctambulo on Tue 17/01/2012 02:12:30
Freejack is from the 90's...

Freejack is from the early 80s, which are scientifically indistinguishable from the late 80s. It are a fact. I know because of my learnings.  ;)

Your turn, sir.

Noctambulo

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 17/01/2012 02:55:09
Freejack is from the early 80s, which are scientifically indistinguishable from the late 80s. It are a fact. I know because of my learnings.  ;)

Errr... hmmmm...

Ok, here's the image:

LimpingFish

Pan's Labyrinth.

I forfeit my turn, as it is currently 3:30 in the A.M.

Goodnight...zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Dualnames

Right so i lost because i didn't say the title. THAT'S SUCH A ..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Noctambulo

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 17/01/2012 03:56:18
Right so i lost because i didn't say the title. THAT'S SUCH A ..

What was the name of this game again?  ::)

PS: Maybe is a revenge...  :=

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm beginning to suspect that Ponch exclusively watches terrible action films, which is okay since I almost exclusively watch terrible horror films.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 17/01/2012 13:55:58
I almost exclusively watch terrible horror films.

Did you perhaps make a list somewhere? I'd gladly have a look. I know Troll 2 is by far the most famous one, but maybe something a little less terrible.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 17/01/2012 13:55:58
I'm beginning to suspect that Ponch exclusively watches terrible action films, which is okay since I almost exclusively watch terrible horror films.

I'll have you know I also watch terrible sci fi films. Just last night I watch Battle Beyond The Stars and two episodes of Galactica: 1980.  8)

Monsieur OUXX

So who's going to continue LimpingFish's round?

Babar

Well, since you asked so nicely:

If you know the answer, give it to me!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Igor Hardy

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Battle Beyond the Stars was hardly horrible, it had quite a list of solid actors (George Peppard as a literal space cowboy!) and a pretty big budget for the time.  Galactica 1980 wasn't even that bad.  Apparently you haven't seen bad sci-fi so I'll give you some advice:

What Reb Brown does for bad action films he double-does for bad sci-fi films.  Have a look at Robowar sometime, which is quite literally a combination of terminator and Predator into some kind of dirty, italian gemstone full of ridiculousness.  Even though IMDB lists it as action/adventure (and comedy for some stupid reason), it's as sci-fi as Terminator was if a humanoid robot walking around killing people is sci-fi.

QuoteDid you make a list somewhere?

No, but once upon a time I did reviews for a horror movie website under the name 'The Tallman'.

I can give you a quick short-list of things that will make your hair explode, though:

Lady Terminator (aka Pembalasan ratu pantai selatan).  Hard to find but worth a watch if you can get it.  Basically it's a mish-mash of Indonesian mythology and The Terminator, in that some hapless history student has a super-eel penetrate her vagina and it turns her into a killing machine.  Complete with an almost line for line ripoff from the dance club scene in Terminator (ending in 'Come with me if you want to live!') it's one of those movies that drifts from hilarious to offensive and back again.  It's not terribly 'scary' or 'gruesome', but it's interesting because it's so bad.

Barn of the Blood Llama.  Now this one takes some doing to sit through, and I won't hold it against anyone who pussies out and shuts the movie off at the 25 minute mark.  Basically some backwater hicks are genetically engineering the llamas and things go terribly wrong...that is, until some horny chicks arrive, their menstrual cycle being the only thing that stands between Earth and total Llama destruction.  DVD version had some horribly made pre-movie 'adverts' to try and sell this as drive-in fodder.

Monsturd.  Exactly as advertised, a SHITMAN named Schmitt 'reeks' havoc on the small town of Butte County, the creation of mad scientist Dr. Stern from Dutech (are you getting the crap-puns yet?).  Aside from directors Rick Popko and Dan West (the two deputies) the acting is across-the-board horrible, to the point where Paul Wiener (the sheriff) looks like he's reading from cue cards at several points.  Acting aside, there's a buttload of poop jokes and brown slime in this intentionally bad film.  I don't know whether that disqualifies it but consider that Popko and West had the monster balls to actually make a sequel to this film called Retardead.  Yeah, they did that.

Ponch

ProgZ: I would counter with APEX, Robot Jox, Russian Terminator, Zone Troopers, and The Elminators, but I don't want to give away future movie clues.  8)

Babar: Is it Weird Science?

Noctambulo

Hmmm... Puppet Master 23?

LimpingFish

I tend to avoid "purposefully" bad horror films; most of Charles Band's current output, anything made post-2000 with a pun in it's title, etc...

I do like 80's Italian schlock (the countless Mad Max/Alien/Terminator/Predator/Robocop ripoffs), though. Usually because something decent will show up in them (be it someone like Donald Pleasence as the villain, some groovy Claudio Simonetti or De Angelis brothers music, or just some good old-fashioned rubber head explosions), and chances are they will be made by otherwise well-regarded directors who are just working with a miniscule budget. Except stuff by Bruno Mattei, which is just terrible.

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 17/01/2012 18:08:33
ProgZ: I would counter with APEX, Robot Jox...

Robot Jox! Stuart Gordon directing a Joe Haldemann screenplay, with David Allen stop-motion robots?! A fine B-movie by all accounts.

APEX, though, like all of Philip Roth's output, is lifeless gick.

No guess from me on this one.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

LUniqueDan

Joe Haldeman! Bestest Sci-Fi. I used to own The Comic Adaptation of The Forever War. That WAS SOOO GOOD.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk