*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 11/04/2012 04:48:51
Congrats, Eric!

Thanks for reminding me of the existence of this one. Think I'll try to find a copy to watch soon!

Here's an oldie and a goodie:

Armageddon

Quote from: miguel on Wed 11/04/2012 00:37:39Stuff like Blade Runner or Weird Science!!!

I don't think anyone had even heard of Weird Science before I posted it, I hadn't even heard of it. Not a very good movie either IMO.

That darn waiter is blocking my view!

miguel

Well, Weird Science is a...complete mystery to me! :=, but I like the way it has become something omnipresent on this thread.

My "raged" post was a joke but I do wish we could have more known female artists from the 70's around.
There's no shame in posting a "easy" film here, and I think it's fun to post famous artist on not so famous films they did.

Anyway, this thread is great and I love the people who spend time here, I do laugh out loud with some of the posts!

If only the waiter had a mini skirt...
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stupot

I saw Weird Science a few times as a youngster.
And also used to watch the TV show. I can even remember the theme tune http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lztp_weird-science-theme-tune_shortfilms

Eric

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 11/04/2012 06:58:12That darn waiter is blocking my view!

On purpose! I still bumped forward a few frames so you could get a glimpse of one of the main characters over his shoulder. You've got a pretty good view of the second main character. And if I posted a picture of the third, the little character, it'd just give it away.

I'll post some pictures of some 1930s ladies for Miguel in a little while.

Eric

This will likely give the movie away, but here is a pretty lady in her nightgown for you, Miguel:

Snarky

A shot in the dark: Grand Hotel?

miguel

You're a top guy Eric! Thanks, I loved the cleav....Black & White films!

Eric

Welcome, Miguel! This actress actually has a semi-nude scene in a pre-code film.

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 13/04/2012 14:56:45
A shot in the dark: Grand Hotel?

Not Grand Hotel, but that is a wonderful movie as well.

As a hint, the title of this movie is widely thought to refer to the lead male, when in actuality, it refers to the murder victim.

Snarky

Oh, that's The Thin Man, then.

Eric

Indeed it is, and that's the lovely Myrna Loy and the witty William Powell in the shot above. The third castmember whom I neglected to feature was Asta, their dog.

Snarky's turn!

Snarky

Shouldn't be too hard for the film freaks in this thread...

LUniqueDan

QuoteFor the sillier, more off topic threads.
What ?!?!

So much hate :'(
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Domino

I'll have to get used to The Rumpus Room.

miguel

Night Of The Bad Quality Infra-vision Goggles?

Snarky

OK, a hint: It's a relatively recent movie, and I'm pretty sure it was Oscar nominated.

Stupot

Hmm.  I haven't seen it, but going by your clue and also the fact that the screenshot you gave is actually very similar to the theatrical poster for the film, I'm going for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

Armageddon

Mystic River? Just a guess cause the river.

Eric

Snarky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk