*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudders

I'm seriously tearing my hair out over this one. It seems so familiar but I have no idea what it is.

Eric

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

selmiak

Stupot

Men Who Stare at Each Other in a Circle?

Ryan Timothy B

Just because we don't know it, don't just give up and give away the answer.
You could always say who one of the main characters are and people can guess from that. Or the director. etc.

arj0n

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 20/04/2012 17:31:20
Just because we don't know it, don't just give up and give away the answer.
You could always say who one of the main characters are and people can guess from that. Or the director. etc.

Yeah, but with IMDB just a click away, it wouldn't be too hard to just "brute force" the answer.

Still, I will give one clue. Alien worm/lobster sex plays an important part in the plot. Boom!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

miguel

IMDB = cheating. We are proud to try our best instead of cheating!

Blade Runner?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

LUniqueDan

Quote from: miguel on Sat 21/04/2012 00:25:15
IMDB = cheating. We are proud to try our best instead of cheating!

Blade Runner?
:D
Best Blade Runner Plug in tha whole thread. :o
I'm dead serious here.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Stupot

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 20/04/2012 18:56:54Still, I will give one clue. Alien worm/lobster sex plays an important part in the plot. Boom!

If the goverment are tracking my search history, I'm buggered  :P

Snarky

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 20/04/2012 18:56:54
Still, I will give one clue. Alien worm/lobster sex plays an important part in the plot. Boom!

Well that doesn't narrow it down at all! All films include lobster sex if you watch them the right way.

LimpingFish

Seeing as I'm still online, I'll give another clue before I power down for the night. That's not a euphemism, by the way.

Clue:

Ridley Scott is British. Ridley Scott directed Alien. This film is British. This film has an alien in it. This film is not Alien. This film is not directed by Ridley Scott.

Go!

Armageddon

Aliens?

One of the Aliens. An Alien adult film? :-X

Ryan Timothy B

Is it:  Alien: Resurrection?

I did some research and came up with these that kinda answer the one screenshot and your two clues.

There's a robot in it. Which explains the hand picture. There's also a "human/Alien hybrid clone"? I have no idea if it's British. It wasn't directed by Ridley Scott. It has an Alien in it. It also has "Alien worm/lobster sex" as it places eggs in the mouth of this guy:

I may have seen this movie years ago, but I certainly don't remember it.

Stupot

I'm gonna milk off the previous two answers.  :P
Is it Alien 3?  It's more outdoorsy and everyone in it is bald like the blue man group.

LimpingFish

The key here is capitalization. "Alien" vs "alien". The title does not contain the word either way.

The film has an "alien" in it, not an "Alien".

See, this is why I hate clues...¬¬

The movie was released in 1981. It also has a pretty substantial Wikipedia entry, for an otherwise "B" kind of movie.

Ryan Timothy B

That wasn't so hard with that 1981 and British hints:

Inseminoid (1981)

Even found the YouTube video featuring the mysterious green goo and whatever the fleshy thing is.

LimpingFish

Yay!

Now read the insanely detailed wikipedia entry! Apparently, there has been much discussion on the symbolism and subtext contained in the movie. Which is news to me, as I always thought it was just about a space crustacean getting his end away. ???

Ryan Timothy B

Alright let's keep with the same style of old and odd movies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk