*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Looks like noone's seen it so I did a bit of detective work and found out that it is:

Badland: Road To Fury

or

Young Ones

(It seems the movie has two different names, one of which is an obvious rip-off of Max Mad: Fury Road. They even used the same font and colour design of the Mad Max title.)

Jack

Young Ones it is. Doesn't have much in common with Mad Max other than the post scarcity setting.

Jack

I meant real Mad Max though. Not Watch This I Super Bad Want You To Vote For Hilldawg Yo.

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Thu 10/05/2018 18:39:14
Young Ones it is. Doesn't have much in common with Mad Max other than the post scarcity setting.

Yeah, probably the distributors somewhere pulled a fast-one and changed the name/cover to resemble Mad Max: Fury Road. They do the same kinda thing all the time here in Japan with indie films, making the name and cover similar to popular movies. Sooooo many B-Grade movies here called Alien: Something, or Predator: Something, or Exorcist: Something, etc. when the original movie name is completely different.

Sleazy.

I'll post a new one soon.

Jack

Probably some marketing drone that didn't know it's okay for indie films to not have an explosion every ten minutes.

Mandle

A movie with a bit of a connection:

[IMGZOOM]http://i64.tinypic.com/32zotpv.jpg[/IMGZOOM]

ManicMatt

Rather small screenshot!

Book of Eli?

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 11/05/2018 15:58:49
Rather small screenshot!

Book of Eli?

It's zoomable... It doesn't take forever to load and blow out the borders of the window so you have to scroll...

Oh, and no.

VampireWombat

I'm guessing Cherry 2000. Because the image makes me think of 3 movies. I'm pretty sure it's not A Boy And His Dog, and I can't think of the name of the other one...

Mandle

No on the first two guesses.

Danvzare

Frodo

It's Hardware.  Starring the very talented Carl McCoy.  :grin:

Mandle

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 11/05/2018 21:08:20
It's Hardware.  Starring the very talented Carl McCoy.  :grin:

Yup...great movie. And I noticed while looking for the image that a 25th anniversary release came out on DVD. Will have to check it out!

Frodo

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 11/05/2018 23:15:46
Yup...great movie. And I noticed while looking for the image that a 25th anniversary release came out on DVD. Will have to check it out!

EXCELLENT film!  Very under-rated! Scary, when the Mark 13 reconstructs itself. 

Okay, next film.  Who likes rats?  :shocked:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/NXIgxfJ.png[/imgzoom]

Frodo

Quote from: Kinkilla on Sat 12/05/2018 10:27:30
Willard?

Nope.

I didn't know Willard before, but watched a couple of trailers on YouTube, and it looks really good.  Thanks.  :cheesy:

VampireWombat

And to think, I too could have guessed Hardware if I could have thought of the name, since it was one of the three movies I thought of.

And for some reason this makes me think of either Iggy Pop or vampires. Or Iggy Pop as a vampire.
But, I'm going to guess Blood and Donuts since it's the only movie I can currently think of with a vampire that might eat rats, who isn't played by Brad Pitt...

Frodo

No to Blood And Donuts  :smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk