*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 03/06/2018 06:37:21
Loving Vincent?

That's the one! I was going with the black and white segments because otherwise it would have been obvious. Over to you Snarky :)

Snarky

The style looks quite interesting, even if I'm not really a huge fan of rotoscoping in film, and I'm skeptical of the claim that every frame was individually painted by hand. Have you seen it?

I was planning on watching and screencapping something this weekend, but didn't get time, so I'll cede my turn.

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 04/06/2018 11:50:54
I'm skeptical of the claim that every frame was individually painted by hand.

Yeah, same here... I've seen clips of the film and it looked way too smooth to have been even overpaints of still frames to me. The brush strokes just didn't look as choppy as I'd expect frame to frame.

josiah1221

I have it but have yet to watch it. It's on my loooong back list, lol. I watched a few "making of" youtube videos about it a while back. A lot of work went into making it. 125 artists painted 65,000 individual frames over the course of 6 years. Live actors and green screens were used then the artist would paint over each scene, in the style of van Gogh, sort of like they used to do with Disney films.

Ben X

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 04/06/2018 11:50:54
I'll cede my turn.

I don't think anyone noticed this! Here's one:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/6WNiKu3.png[/imgzoom]

Buckethead

Oh no! It's TMNT: out of the shadows.

Ben X

Correct! Out of curiosity, how did you recognise it? I was hoping the purple mohawk in the background would be a subtle clue...

Buckethead

I recognized Shredder right away. Probably because in the first movie they were hiding what he looked like and in the sequel they were like: "Hello this is what Shredder looks like now".

VampireWombat

The actress in the new image looks familiar, but I'm having trouble placing her...

And I can only barely tell that the guy in the TMNT picture(Bebop?) has a purple mohawk. It's blurry and dark.

Oh. Oh. Is it Emily Browning in the new image? I know it's not from a movie I've seen...
So, I'm guessing Golden Exits since it's the newest movie with her.

Buckethead

You are correct in the actress name. However it's not Golden Exits. Please don't IMDB for every movie with Emily Browning :=

Snarky

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sun 10/06/2018 13:27:40
Oh. Oh. Is it Emily Browning in the new image? I know it's not from a movie I've seen...
Oh right! Recognize her from American Gods...

Buckethead

Nope, but she did act in that film.

Buckethead

Time for a new screenshot:

Ben X

That looks like David Thewlis, so is this Legend?

Buckethead

Yes you are correct! Back to you Ben

Ben X

This is probably an easy one, and we had it already six years ago but what the heck:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/F4cMbwP.png[/imgzoom]

Jack

Careful, there's a beverage here, man.

(The Big Lebowski)

Ben X

Correct - that's David Thewlis' excellent cameo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk