*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Oh heck, I'd forgotten about this.

I'll get a pic up soon!

Mandle

Cheers to CaptainD for showing me how to shrink images to less ridiculous sizes.

Ben X

I think the get-up is too modern, but Thin Red Line?

Mandle

Oh, I can see why you would say that given the scenery, but no...

AnasAbdin

Simon Pegg! Mission impossible: Rogue nation!

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 10/08/2018 13:19:16
Simon Pegg! Mission impossible: Rogue nation!

Well done! Probably my favorite Mission Impossible movie so far (haven't seen Fallout yet) which is completely insane because, after watching the movie again with the commentary between Tom Cruise and the director:

They were making up most of the story during filming!!!

Most of the plot elements weren't in place until filming was in its later stages and they had to go back and refilm and/or CGI edit earlier scenes.

My favorite quote from the commentary was during a scene of Ethan Hunt in a red London phone box speaking a lot of plot points into the phone (a scene they refilmed towards the end of shooting after they actually had a plot):

In the commentary the director says "We learned to place exposition-heavy scenes in tiny and easily refilmable spaces. You might notice the complete lack of exposition lines while Tom is running across the wing of the Airbus 400."

And this blows me away! How did they make such a good movie while they were making most of it up as they went along?

I did feel when I was watching the movie that it had an insane and unpredictable pace and this heightened my enjoyment while watching.

But to actually pull that off on the fly?!

Kudos!

AnasAbdin

Mandle

Kiki's Delivery Service? (Majou No Takkyubin)

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

Mandle is correct! ....and quickly 8-)

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 11/08/2018 06:48:20
Mandle is correct! ....and quickly 8-)

I've watched the movie at least 10 times and possibly 20 so I recognize the beautiful painting Kiki's wonderful friend did for her when Kiki went through her mana-slump, and yet I do not remember that friend's name. Oh well, she was just an NPC...

Nice fake-out there by the way where a painted picture might not be recognized as being in an animated movie...

Sorry to spoil that too quickly... Better luck next time... (laugh)

Oh God, now I really have to do something great after being so snarky so:

NEXT PIC COMING SOON!?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 11/08/2018 12:38:56
I've watched the movie at least 10 times and possibly 20
And to think, the other day you said you don't like anime. lol
Alas, this is one of the Studio Ghibli movies I didn't really get into. Perhaps because I was an adult when I saw it and Princess Mononoke had been my first.

All eyes are you on for posting something great. But not the EYES of Mars...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 11/08/2018 13:50:49
Quote from: Mandle on Sat 11/08/2018 12:38:56
I've watched the movie at least 10 times and possibly 20
And to think, the other day you said you don't like anime. lol

Oh, my bad, I was talking mostly about TV series anime there... One Piece... Pokemon... YoukaiWatch...

Just the stuff that is consumable weekly as opposed to the actually good stuff that takes years to develop like Ghibli Stuidos mostly does...

"Spirited Away" (Sen To Chihiro No Kami Kakushi) is my favorite animated movie of all time!

Mandle

Oh, crap, sorry for the delay...

New pic coming soon!

Mandle

Sorry, got too busy with work on Chronicle Of Innsmouth sequel and forgot about this...

But here's the next pic finally.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

um i think i saw this not so long ago,  is it tombstone with russell and kilmer?

Mandle

Ben X

Looks a bit like Patrick Wilson, so is this Bone Tomahawk (another Russell western)?

Frodo

Could be Benedict Cumberbatch.

12 Years a Slave?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk