*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Snarky

Neat-o! I haven't seen Leave No Trace yet â€" turns out I just missed it at the local arthouse. I liked Winter's Bone a lot, so I definitely want to see it at some point. (I also keep mixing up the title with Take Shelter, which sounds somewhat similar from a plot synopsis.)

Here:

Snarky

No, but what an interesting guess. What made you think that?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

bit of a wild guess i'll admit,  a few things tbh, the what look like esoteric like hieroglyph-esq things either side of the foreground room,  toward the center the guy reminded me the lead actor in the movie, i seem to remember he wore a costume at one stage with really long cuffs, and the other people down there, oh the whole thing i suppose reminded me of the congress scene, but in hindsight i seem to remember that scene being far more bright and vividly colorful, worth a guess try though  :)

josiah1221

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 08/02/2019 13:49:22
Neat-o! I haven't seen Leave No Trace yet â€" turns out I just missed it at the local arthouse. I liked Winter's Bone a lot, so I definitely want to see it at some point. (I also keep mixing up the title with Take Shelter, which sounds somewhat similar from a plot synopsis.)

Leave No Trace is really good, I can definitely recommend it.
Somehow Winter's Bone slipped under my radar. I'll have to check it out, thanks for mentioning it :)
Also, Take Shelter is really good as well, Michael Shannon's performance is on point.

Snarky

Thanks for the tips! While there haven't been any more guesses, here's another cap:

Snarky

No? Maybe this will help...

I don't know whether it counts as a hint, exactly, but this is one of my top three favorite movies of the last decade (alongside Dogtooth and A Separation).

Snarky

I'm starting to think nobody has seen this movie...  :~(
You definitely should!

josiah1221

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this. Also, I just watched the trailer for Dogtooth... very strange... and now I'm intrigued.

milkanannan

Snarky

Ha! no.

I felt a single frame didn't quite capture this scene, so here's a short clip:

(The top right corner looks a little off because I've edited out a station logo, just to avoid any sort of meta-spoiler)

Mandle

After this one maybe we should get back a bit more to mainstream-ish movies that people might have seen?

Kweepa

Maybe a pic of Elizabeth Moss would help? :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Snarky

I would object that this film is in fact "mainstream-ish", in that it's a film anyone who watches mildly arthouse international films will probably at least have heard of. Maybe these screens will put an end to it?

(Kweepa got in right under the wire!)

Kweepa

Say, that looks like Elizabeth Moss in the first pic!

Snarky

Does sir wish to hazard a guess as to the movie picture in question?

Kweepa

I cheated, so no - I'll let someone else have it.

Snarky

Short of reverse image search I don't know that there is cheating in this game. All right, one more screen and hints:

This film won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival a few years ago. It was shortlisted for an Oscar for Best Foreign Movie. The director's previous film is being remade with Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (and to be directed by Nat Faxon and Jim Rash), under the title Downhill.

Kumpel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk