*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

TheFrighter

I like the movies with  very fanciful titles...  (laugh)

Your turn, Lorenzo!

_

lorenzo

No one?
Another picture:

VampireWombat

Well, I'd say bald guy is either Peter Boyle or one of the DeLuise brothers has gone bald.
His hair is darker than in The Dream Team, which means this movie is probably from before 1989...

Turk 182?

lorenzo

Yes, that's Peter Boyle. But the film is from the 1970s. So, no Turk 182.

Kweepa

I believe I see Robert Mitchum's partially obscured chin dimple.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LimpingFish

And the dude talking to him in the first shot is...Richard Jordan? Which makes the movie...a pretty good one, if I recall. :-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

lorenzo

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 21/07/2019 19:34:20
I believe I see Robert Mitchum's partially obscured chin dimple.
That's his chin, indeed. (laugh)

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sun 21/07/2019 20:08:12
And the dude talking to him in the first shot is...Richard Jordan? Which makes the movie...a pretty good one, if I recall. :-D
Right on both counts!

Snarky

Well, people have had a chance to get it honestly, and LF doesn't seem to want it, so I just googled the actors (whom I did at least recognize) and came up with The Friends of Eddie Coyle.

lorenzo

It's The Friends of Eddie Coyle, indeed. Your turn, Snarky!

Snarky

Mandle

Snarky

Yeah, I was in a bit of a hurry grabbing that screenshot, and it ended up darker than I intended. Sorry!
The whole scene is shot at dawn, with gradually increasing light. It's very nice.
…
WTH! I'll throw in another one from a little later:

And to balance out the pretty:

Snarky

No guesses? This might help figure out the setting:

Mandle

VampireWombat

It looks like maybe it's one of the movies talked about in one of the Pan's Labyrinth interviews.
After some research, I think the other 2 directors in that interview were Alfonso Cuarón and Alejandro González Iñárritu.

So... Babel?

Snarky

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 25/07/2019 16:29:42
Toilet?

Nope, but you're on the right continent. (That's an Indian movie, yes?)

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 25/07/2019 16:52:20
It looks like maybe it's one of the movies talked about in one of the Pan's Labyrinth interviews.
After some research, I think the other 2 directors in that interview were Alfonso Cuarón and Alejandro González Iñárritu.

So... Babel?

Interesting link you're drawing, so I'm sorry to say that's not correct. (There's a clue in one of the pictures that establishes a time window for when this movie came out.)

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 25/07/2019 21:20:41
(There's a clue in one of the pictures that establishes a time window for when this movie came out.)

The Apprentice was also on TV for many years but, I guess he looks older in that shot, whatever the aging process of his species is.  :P

"Toilet" is set in Canada but produced by a Japanese studio (or joint-produced) I believe, so I was way off.

(It's a great movie though!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk