*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

This is from an Italian film:

Mandle

Oh, is it the one where the poor guy kills the rich guy and steals his identity, or is that every Italian film?

lorenzo

Do you mean Antonioni's The Passenger, starring Jack Nicholson? That's not it. This is a horror film.

I'm afraid that's basically the plot of every single Italian film ever made. You should see La Dolce Vita, where Marcello Mastroianni steals Anita Ekberg's identity! What a plot twist!

Next shot:

milkanannan

Is this once again Amelie Alfonsi?

lorenzo

Mandle

Cannibal Holocaust?  :-X  :P

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 24/09/2019 08:49:06
Cannibal Holocaust?  :-X  :P
(laugh) (laugh) No!

If no one guesses, tomorrow I'll post a more spoiler-y (does that word even exist?) screenshot.

lorenzo

Last image, which is a bit of a spoiler:

Spoiler

[close]

Basically, the description of the picture is also the title of the film.

cat

TheFrighter

Quote from: cat on Wed 25/09/2019 19:38:32
La casa delle labbra?

(laugh) (laugh) (laugh) This sound as an eros movie, Cat!

_

Mandle

The House Of Smiles?

(La casa dei sorrisi?)

lorenzo

Quote from: cat on Wed 25/09/2019 19:38:32
La casa delle labbra?
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/09/2019 22:39:20
The House Of Smiles?
(La casa dei sorrisi?)

Well... almost.  (laugh)
It's The House with Laughing Windows (La casa dalle finestre che ridono).
Either cat or Mandle can take the next turn!

Mandle

Jack

Reign of Fire?

Mandle

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Thu 26/09/2019 02:22:28
Tolkien?

That's the one!

Spoilers for the movie below:
Spoiler
I really didn't think the Middle-Earth scenes during WWI were necessary especially the dragon one above being related to the Germans' flamethrowers. Also, they make it look like Tolkien is hallucinating these images due to the "Trench Fever" and/or shell-shock he is suffering from which takes away from his grand vision and imagination. Tolkien also had specifically said many times that The Desolation Of Smaug, and the scenes of war, and of Mordor, in LOTR were fixed in his mind before he went to war and were not based on his experiences there.
The rest of the movie with his "fellowship" of friends meeting and growing up is pretty good but I guess the film-maker felt forced to include some fantasy imagery for the fans. I just felt it was wrongly placed.
[close]

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 20/09/2019 09:55:20
Quote from: Mandle on Thu 19/09/2019 22:40:59
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Thu 19/09/2019 13:48:55
That smugness. Ick.
In the case of The Wall, he makes a point that he would have preferred to learn more about the grotesque characters in the animations (in an amazing sequence that must have cost quite a bit).

Oops, missed this one.

All the metaphors and characters are absolutely straightforward to decipher (the loss of his father in the war when he was a child, the memories of air raid sirens and bombings, a disintegrating marriage, a controlling mother, abusive teachers, etc). If I was able to understand the whole movie without anybody explaining anything to me at the age of 15, I would assume a supposed film critic should too ;)

(Or maybe we were just smarter then because we didn't have recaps and youtube videos explaining things to us? :-D *Old Aunt Yells At Cloud To Get Off Her Lawn Because Kids These Days*)

Circling back to this, I just learned today that he's actually made a full-album-length "parody" of The Wall (how did he get Rob Scallon to take part in this abomination?), and both the album and the video are being shred to pieces left and right (even Fantano, whom I'm not a fan of, gave it a beating yesterday). Call it schadenfreude, but yeah, glad to see I wasn't the only one to acknowledge its awfulness (laugh)

(ok, sorry for the interruption, back to you LimpingFish!)

Mandle

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Thu 26/09/2019 08:16:45
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 20/09/2019 09:55:20
Quote from: Mandle on Thu 19/09/2019 22:40:59
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Thu 19/09/2019 13:48:55
That smugness. Ick.
In the case of The Wall, he makes a point that he would have preferred to learn more about the grotesque characters in the animations (in an amazing sequence that must have cost quite a bit).

Oops, missed this one.

All the metaphors and characters are absolutely straightforward to decipher (the loss of his father in the war when he was a child, the memories of air raid sirens and bombings, a disintegrating marriage, a controlling mother, abusive teachers, etc). If I was able to understand the whole movie without anybody explaining anything to me at the age of 15, I would assume a supposed film critic should too ;)

(Or maybe we were just smarter then because we didn't have recaps and youtube videos explaining things to us? :-D *Old Aunt Yells At Cloud To Get Off Her Lawn Because Kids These Days*)

Circling back to this, I just learned today that he's actually made a full-album-length "parody" of The Wall (how did he get Rob Scallon to take part in this abomination?), and both the album and the video are being shred to pieces left and right (even Fantano, whom I'm not a fan of, gave it a beating yesterday). Call it schadenfreude, but yeah, glad to see I wasn't the only one to acknowledge its awfulness (laugh)

(ok, sorry for the interruption, back to you LimpingFish!)

Sometimes risks don't pay off but at least the risk was taken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk