*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

All right, since nobody's responding… there aren't that many internationally known Icelandic movies, and it was pretty easy to spot the right one.

Rams.

(I think I've heard of it. Is it any good?)

milkanannan

Yep - it's really good!

Snarky

Thanks. I took some time off for Christmas, but here's another film:

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 29/12/2019 17:25:19
Clue?

Yup.

Even though I pretty much knew it would be guessed on the first screen, I wasted an inordinate amount of time getting a bunch of captures, so I might as well post them:

Spoiler

[close]

Ben X

I don't think I would have got it from the first one of those, but any of the others I probably would have!

Have got one I want to do, but YouTube has now joined Netflix and Prime in not letting me print-screen successfully in some bizarre attempt to stop me pirating video one frame at a time, ironically forcing me to pirate the entire thing from a torrent site, so it'll take a little longer.

Mandle

A Toy Story reboot where Andy is not a sissy? (Just realized he did not have any sports-based toys)

PC DISCLAIMER TO AVOID OUTRAGE
Spoiler
This is purely an on-purpose non-PC joke. I also did not have any sports toys, and, in Toy Story Andy had no Dad so it kinda made sense, not that Moms cannot also get their sons into sports but statistically it is the Dad. I'm just getting myself into more trouble here aren't I?
[close]

Ben X

Here's a hint:

Spoiler
On-purpose non-PC jokes are still bad.
[close]

Jack

The Fan?

Spoiler
How dare you?! You ruined my childhood!
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 29/12/2019 22:25:51
Here's a hint:

Spoiler
On-purpose non-PC jokes are still bad.
[close]

George Carlin would disagree with you.  (laugh)

Ben X

He said that “Comedy has traditionally picked on people in power, people who abuse their power ... Women and gays and immigrants, to my way of thinking, are underdogs.” so I doubt he'd support you making jokes about 'sissies' tbh.
Can we move on with the game, please?

Jack

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey?

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 29/12/2019 23:29:08
He said that “Comedy has traditionally picked on people in power, people who abuse their power ... Women and gays and immigrants, to my way of thinking, are underdogs.” so I doubt he'd support you making jokes about 'sissies' tbh.
Can we move on with the game, please?

Okay, the joke was really not that offensive. And "sissy" does NOT equate to "gay", it means an "effeminate" male and is a term I would never use outside of an obvious "shock" joke about a fictional character. I do not hold such opinions about real people in real life, or fictional, and was actually called "sissy" myself as a kid, not playing sports etc.
Just my say. Yes, let us move on.

Ben X

I recommend you spend a few minutes Googling whether 'sissy' is seen as a homophobic or sexist term and then reconsider whether it's worth making "shock jokes" around it that require disclaimers.

And yes, it's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Mon 30/12/2019 00:10:13
making "shock jokes" around it that require disclaimers.

The disclaimer was part of the joke that people get offended by the slightest things these days. See how it ends with me getting myself into even more hot water by talking about how Dads encourage boys to play sports?
Look, the whole thing was meant as a bit of a chuckle about PC correctness. Sorry to have offended you or anyone else.

morganw

Planes, Trains and Automobiles  ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk