*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Wow I was so convinced I was right! Chalk Soylent Green up on my ‘to watch’ list.

Danvzare

Quote from: Jack on Fri 13/03/2020 17:09:27
Soylent Green?
Yep, you got it.
As for what everyone else has said. I'm in the same boat. I've never really watched either, at least not all the way through (I watched the last twenty minutes I think). But I've heard it referenced countless times. Heck, those references are the only reason I even know it exists.

Jack

I saw Soylent Green once. Quite a memorable film.

Here is a cool film I found in this thread:

Danvzare

milkanannan

Danvzare

Dune?
(Is there a Dune movie?)

KyriakosCH

Hm, is it a US film? (or even anglophone)

Cause it has the vibe of those bizarre french/belgian/german productions.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Snarky

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 31/03/2020 16:42:21
Dune?
(Is there a Dune movie?)

Is there ever!

(Also: David Lynch, Patrick Stewart, Kyle MacLachlan, Sean Young…) This is not it, though.

There's a new one on the way, too, that was gonna come out this Christmas. (Though now who knows?) That one's by Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2049, Arrival), with an all-star cast: Timothee Chalamet, Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Stellan Skarsgård…

Sorry to derail the thread, I'm just slightly obsessed.  :-[

KyriakosCH

The spice must flow - though imo another Dune movie isn't needed. Furthermore, afaik only 1,5 books of the series are good or decent (the first and god-emperor).
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Jack

Not Dune.

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 31/03/2020 18:30:39Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2049, Arrival)

A thoroughly uninteresting body of work. Perhaps it's destiny that dictates the unworthy could not make a Dune film, like the fruitcake Jodorowsky.

Ponch

Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (in 3D)  :cheesy:

Saw that movie in the theater when I was a kid!

Jack

Ponch

Michael Ironside was chewing the scenery in that one. Great pick!

Here's mine:

milkanannan

Ponch

Damn, that was fast.  :sealed:

It's all yours.

milkanannan

Haha well the characters are pretty easy to recognise, and you've got a clear shot of both right there.  ;)

OK this one might also be a fast turnover:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk