*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 05/06/2020 07:13:32
Anything involving adolescent cruelty is the one niche genre I find difficult to watch.

Well there's about 70% of Stephen King fiction that you won't be watching or reading... Especially the early stuff (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

milkanannan

Haha yeah I think I'll avoid that!

Mandle

Ben X

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"He'll probably be in... the Zen Room!"

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 07/06/2020 20:21:22
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"He'll probably be in... the Zen Room!"

Well done! My favorite musical of all time and also in my top ten movies of all time.

I watched with the commentary of Riff-Raff and Magenta (I know the actors have real names but not for me) switched on the other night and was amazed to hear their behind-the-scenes look-back on how slap-dash the production mostly was. They had such a tight shooting schedule and budget.

You would never know it from looking at the finished movie. It is perfect! There is not a single shot I would change (boom-mic shadows included. Definitely Ed Wood tributes and not mistakes  (laugh)).

I guess it helps when a lot of the cast had been performing the show on stage for ages and some were even the creators, but playing to the camera instead of a live audience is a completely different thing. The director is a genius!

You can see that everyone involved put 100% into everything they did and that shines stronger than any amount of budget ever could.

I did get a bit sneaky with the cropping of the shot to hide the hookah pipe and Dr. Scott's wheelchair and plaid lap blanket because I wanted a true fan to win the round.

Oh! Rocky!

Ben X

Okay, here's another sneaky one also aimed at true fans of a musical.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/reWAgVJ.png?1[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Little Shop Of Horrors?

Ben X

Damn, should have been sneakier! Yeah, that's from the original downer ending that got replaced by a happy one for the theatrical release.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Mon 08/06/2020 11:42:14
Damn, should have been sneakier! Yeah, that's from the original downer ending that got replaced by a happy one for the theatrical release.

I just recognized the three singers kind of... Wasn't sure with the guess but went for it. Never seen that scene...

Okay new one coming soon!

milkanannan

Mandle

D'OH! Totally forgot...

Quintaros

Mandle

Quote from: Quintaros on Thu 18/06/2020 02:40:18
Space Cop?

OH MY GAAAAWWWDDD!!!

You are a man of culture!

Well done!

Quintaros

I didn't even know these RedLetterMedia guys were making movies before.

Next entry:

Mandle

The Artist?

or

The Producers?

Quintaros

Mandle

Quintaros

TheFrighter

That big woman...

The Usual Suspects?

_