Here's a new image, sorry for the delay:

milkanannan

Nothing straight about Brokeback Mountain~

Quintaros

“Hell or High Water”?

lorenzo

None of the guesses are correct.

Mandle

Near Dark, one of the greatest vampire movies ever made.

lorenzo

Yes, it's Near Dark. Great film!

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 30/07/2020 16:24:15
Yes, it's Near Dark. Great film!

The light that's leaving that star right now will take millions of years to reach us down here. And do you know what's different about me from all the other girls you've met?
Spoiler
I'll still be here to see it when it gets here.
[close]

(From memory)

Mandle

Oops, forgot. I will post new one soon.

Mandle

Hahaha sorry days blend into other days right now... Here's the new pic:

milkanannan

I'd laugh so hard if this is from The Piano? (laugh)

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

JackPutter

Is it from Knives Out? The marketing HEAVILY included a finger pressing down on a single piano key. If I remember correctly it wasn't that much of an element of the film itself though.

Mandle

Quote from: JackPutter on Mon 10/08/2020 14:24:14
Is it from Knives Out? The marketing HEAVILY included a finger pressing down on a single piano key. If I remember correctly it wasn't that much of an element of the film itself though.

It is indeed Knives Out, a movie I felt almost physical delight in watching, and which has upset my top five ranking of best mystery movies.

Now it goes:

1: Deathtrap
2: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (either version, but the Swedish version one millimeter higher)
3: Knives Out
4: Murder On The Orient Express (the original film)
5: Sleuth (the original film)

(Clue has been pushed back to 6th place, sorry Tim Curry)

Knives Out is a perfectly plotted mystery movie. There are no plotholes or flaws in character motivation. There are no silly tricks. All the cards are laid out on the table but it still takes at least a second viewing to understand what all the cards mean. Greatest fun I've had watching a movie in a long time.

JackPutter

I thought that finger looked familiar!

I am massive fan of mystery movies, I'm delighted to see Deathtrap and Sleuth on your list there. The only one you mentioned that I haven't seen are the Dragon Tattoo movies, but I have definitely been meaning to get around to them! My own personal favourite mystery movie is David Fincher's Zodiac, I think it does a terrific job of portraying INVESTIGATION as opposed to puzzle-solving if that makes sense. I also don't think there's a better example of obsession put to film, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience of watching Knives Out in the cinema, it was a real blast to watch with a crowd! There was a great atmosphere in the theatre, you could practically hear people kicking themselves when they realised they had missed a clue! I think the only thing that pulled me out of the experience was the first 30 seconds or so of hearing Daniel Craig's accent... it's not a bad accent, from what I understand it's quite an accurate cajun accent, but hearing it come out of his mouth left me a little aghast for a moment!

Here's the next picture for you all to guess:

Mandle

Quote from: JackPutter on Mon 10/08/2020 15:41:31
I think the only thing that pulled me out of the experience was the first 30 seconds or so of hearing Daniel Craig's accent... it's not a bad accent, from what I understand it's quite an accurate cajun accent, but hearing it come out of his mouth left me a little aghast for a moment!

I watched the movie three times.

The second time was to catch all the clues once I already knew the plot.

The third time was specifically to relish in every line of dialog spoken by Daniel Craig's character, Detective Blanc. Every line he speaks is a perfect piece of poetry, yet he pulls it off effortlessly even while doing the accent.

"I get tireder every day. Tireder with who I am and what I do. With the inevitability of truth." (From memory. So wonderful!)

And my guess:

Funny Games USA?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk