*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

I've had Knives Out sitting on my hard drive for quite a bit, because I really need to be in the right mood to sit through a whole movie without getting distracted, but this really makes me want to watch it at last. Maybe I'll do it tonight!

Mandle

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Mon 10/08/2020 16:01:11
I've had Knives Out sitting on my hard drive for quite a bit, because I really need to be in the right mood to sit through a whole movie without getting distracted, but this really makes me want to watch it at last. Maybe I'll do it tonight!

WATCH IT! RIGHT NOW! We must create a new thread just talking about this movie!

JackPutter

I must get around to rewatching Knives Out as soon as I can, it was definitely one of my film highlights of last year!

Funny Games is an incorrect guess.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 10/08/2020 16:02:54
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Mon 10/08/2020 16:01:11

WATCH IT! RIGHT NOW! We must create a new thread just talking about this movie!

Hahaha I'll try!

Mandle

JackPutter

Incorrect! I'll give you another clue...

JackPutter

Mandle

The Most Dangerous Game? (some remake I don't know of?)

JackPutter

JackPutter

Here's another hint, I'll be a bit less obscure with my choice of pics from now on.

Jack

Attack of the Beekeepers?

Mandle

People And Animals Running In A Threatening Manner?

milkanannan

heltenjon

Ninjas in Burkas Chasing Dogs?

JackPutter

None of those answers are correct, but they are hilarious! I'll narrow things down by saying that it isn't a Hollywood movie.

Laura Hunt

The guy on the left looks like Adam Scott, but I'm guessing this is an Irish movie (the guys with drums and bagpipes at the back and, oh I don't know, the whole hurling gear). That's all I've got, though...

Mandle

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sat 15/08/2020 12:23:45
The guy on the left looks like Adam Scott, but I'm guessing this is an Irish movie (the guys with drums and bagpipes at the back and, oh I don't know, the whole hurling gear). That's all I've got, though...

I think all those things are Scottish.

milkanannan

Hurling is definitely Irish. I think it might even be their national sport.

Is the movie Babel?

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 15/08/2020 17:03:18
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sat 15/08/2020 12:23:45

I think all those things are Scottish.

Bagpipes are a traditional instrument in most regions of Celtic heritage, not just Scotland but also Ireland and even Galicia and Asturias in Spain. (Also Greece and Turkey, but I don't think this movie is from either of those countries :P)

And like milkanannan said, hurling is most definitely Irish.

(Edit: just did a quick search and that's apparently the uniform of the Kilkenny hurling team, so I guess the movie is specifically set in Kilkenny? Still no idea of the title though.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk