*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Mandle

Snarky

Nope. Hint: There is a link to the last movie.

Snarky

milkanannan

JackPutter

Just yesterday I was reminiscing about how good A Simple Plan is! I'm pretty sure you're right milkanannan.

Snarky

Yes indeed. Like The Ruins, it was also based on a book by Scott B. Smith (who also wrote the scripts for both movies).

Incidentally, Gary Cole is always a delight.

milkanannan

milkanannan

Quote from: JackPutter on Sun 04/10/2020 14:25:36
Just yesterday I was reminiscing about how good A Simple Plan is! I'm pretty sure you're right milkanannan.

Yeah, that was indeed a cool movie. I only watched it once maybe 20 years ago, but I can still recite lines from when Billy Bob Thornton's character dies.  :~(

Mandle

Goddammit!!! I knew I'd seen it! Only like 10 times! A Simple Plan is my go-to example of a perfectly plotted and paced movie!

I read the book cover to cover in a single day before I saw the movie and then when I heard there was a movie coming I thought it was going to suck.

There is literally NOTHING you can cut from the book. It's that tightly plotted. If you try to cut even one character or one scene the entire story will not make sense.

But somehow they did it and it doesn't feel rushed or crammed at all. Absolutely brilliant movie!

I also love that, when you get to the end, the real villain of the film turns out to be
Spoiler
The wife! In a very Lady Macbethian way. She's the one who made all the selfish choices along the way that led to the ultimate tragedy of the story. If she had just shut up the main character would have turned the money in. If she had just shut up the massacre at the drunkard friend's house wouldn't have happened. If she had just shut up the main character wouldn't have gone to meet the "FBI agent". If she had just SHUT UP!!!
[close]

milkanannan

Mandle

milkanannan

Nope ~ new screenshot coming soon

Snarky

Pretty sure this is not it, but â€" Mulholland Dr.?

milkanannan

That’s a good guess, but no.

milkanannan

Mandle

Snarky

I ❤️ Huckabees?

milkanannan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk