Snarky

milkanannan

American Hustle?

Snarky

eri0o

It is Uncut Gems, isn't?

Snarky

Yes it is.

I actually couldn't finish this movie because I got so frustrated with the main character.

eri0o

I could not finish that movie for the same reason too! lol! And same for Ozark, I barely made episode 1 and gave up...

Here's a new movie.

Babar

I'll go with the obvious answer first...Dune?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Snarky

It's a really interesting scene to me, because it shows just how much a small change can affect everything in an adaptation.

The book goes to considerable effort to motivate why Duke Leto doesn't turn on his shield at this momentâ€"it may even be the original reason for the idea that shields and lasguns cause nuclear-like "explosive pyrotechnics" if they interact.

The movie, on the other hand, makes no reference to this phenomenon or danger, and instead simply introduces the concept of missiles with drills that can penetrate shields. Which means it can allow Leto to turn on his shield in this scene, as seen in the screencap. The fallout of this adaptation choice is that shields are relatively nerfed in the movie version, with significant implications for how all the battle and combat scenes are staged, the design of armor, etc.

eri0o

yes it's Dune! That was... Quick! You go! :)

I watched the old movie before the new one and at least in that front it felt a huge improvement. :p

Babar

milkanannan

Possibly one of the aerial shots from Scarface?

Babar

You're going too far back

Snarky

Babar

Nope. Shouldn't give you the wrong idea of the kind of movie:

(hopefully not too obvious)

Frodo

Can we get another clue Babar?

Frodo

Hope Babar doesn't mind me jumping in, to keep this thread going.   :smiley:

I first saw this film many years ago, and it had a huge emotional impact on me.   

Wat'cha looking at?
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/RulzXYt.png[/imgzoom]

milkanannan

Frodo

josiah1221

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk