*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 22/06/2022 14:23:40
Quote from: milkanannan on Wed 22/06/2022 13:45:59
Is that movie any good guys?

The Wailing? I liked it a lot. When I saw it was 2.5 hours I assumed it would be a really slow burn, but it's actually not the case, the pacing is really good and you never get a feeling of "come on, just move along already". Definitely recommended.

Thanks, I'll check it out~

milkanannan

Argh, my new screenshot is on the thread's previous page. Here it is again:

Snarky

Toni Collette and Jesse Plemons: must be I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

I haven't seen it, and I heard some comments that book it is based on is pretty crap, but Charlie Kaufman is usually a good bet.

I knew I recognized the face of that young woman (Jessie Buckley): from the trailer for Men, of course. She was also in Chernobyl, apparently; is she the pregnant woman who sneaks in to be with her radioactive husband?

milkanannan

I’m not sure about that, but you named my screenshot correctly. Your go!

Snarky

I wonder if this will prove difficult or not. If someone has seen the movie this should be a good clue; otherwise you'll have to work it out from the actors in the upcoming shots.

milkanannan

Total shot in the dark, but is it that Depression Trilogy film Nymphomaniac?

Snarky

Snarky

Snarky

We're starting to have most of the cast filled in at this point:

Snarky

Now you pretty much have all elements of the movie, I don't think more screens are going to help. As a hint, the two actors seen here (one of whom died tragically) are well known for working with this particular director.

Snarky

Is anyone at least able to identify any of the actors? By role if not by name?

milkanannan

Wish I could, but I’ve got nothing. Looks like Michelle Pfeiffer and Margot Robbie had a child.

Snarky

Well, the guy has had a pretty solid career as a character actor, usually playing slimy bureaucrats, cheating husbands and similar parts (he's an undercover HYDRA agent within SHIELD in Ant-Man, for example), kind of the opposite of his role in this film (which was his breakout).

The woman in the last two shots was one of the most prominent indie actresses of the era. She later transitioned into directing, making one fairly well-known movie, but was murdered before it came out.

The woman in the foreground of the second shot starred in a very high-profile TV show, which recently got a movie prequel.

Frodo

Snarky

You're on the right track. The female lead is indeed Adrienne Shelly, who later directed Waitress.

Frodo

Snarky

No, much earlier than that. The movie came out in 1990, so the fashions reflect the time it was made, more or less.

KyriakosCH

I only have seen the male actor in the last pic, but don't know his name and incentive to try to find it is low  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Frodo

Snarky

Yes, Trust. Well done.

Both Adrienne Shelly and Martin Donovan starred in a number of Hal Hartley movies, and had their breakthroughs in them. This is the only one with both of them, though.

I am surprised nobody recognized Edie Falco, from The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie (and most recently as Hillary Clinton in American Crime Story).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk