OROW: 1st of August. RESULTS.

Started by Dualnames, Fri 29/07/2011 14:46:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 30/07/2011 02:29:47
If I had a penny for every girl that thought they weren't pretty I'd be a jabillionare.
But no penny from Chicky for you, because he isn't a girl, that thinks it's not pretty  ;)

Wonkyth

Nah, Chicky really is beautiful.

On topic: I'd love to participate, but I'll be hard at work doing school stuff.
However, I'd love to find the time to throw a few hours of work at a project...
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

ShiverMeSideways

As I've previously stated, I'm totally in - it's the perfect occasion to finally make a proper adventure game and it also gives me the perfect excuse in case it really really really really really sucks (which it will, oh, lordy!).

I'm scribbling concept stuff on a notebook right now even! A little pre-planning is allowed before the compo, right? ;o

Dualnames

Yes, some planning is allowed. As long as you scan those and send them to me. And give me your personal bank account PIN and details.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Jen Borden

Whatever it is you did, you probably shouldn't have.

straydogstrut

Last night's Livestream of Ben Jordan has me all fired up again - dare I say I might attempt this.

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 29/07/2011 14:46:04
   Entries may have cut scenes, menus or limited controlled sequences outside the main room.

What about cut scenes/controlled sequences inside the room, like transitions to show the passage of time? Might just go with a simple fade in/out stating the time though (now where did I see that..)

Nice one Dually!=D

P.S. I see Chicky's scribbles more as black tentacles of death pouring from her (his) eyes..in reverse

Dualnames

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 31/07/2011 11:09:49
What about cut scenes/controlled sequences inside the room, like transitions to show the passage of time? Might just go with a simple fade in/out stating the time though (now where did I see that..)

Of course those are allowed as well.  ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Wyz

Why wasn't I informed!?
Well I guess I have to enter this since I haven't made games for a while. I haven't got an idea so it's time to open a bottle of creativity juice. ;)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Chicky

It's officially go go go in the UK  ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 01/08/2011 00:57:22
It's officially go go go in the UK  ;)

It's not go time here for another five hours. And by that time I'll be in bed.  Curse you, time zones! You win again! >:(

Bulbapuck

Dualnames

Chicky

Remeber kids, keep the current MAGS topic in mind. Contingency plan!  :=

pmartin

Christ, I had a idea and then after 4 hours of work realized it was a bad one. I think this OROW is going to drive me mad!

AJA

Insanity is the only way to survive OROW.

That said, I fear I may be going sane...

Ryan Timothy B

I decided to attempt my fate at this years OROW. No idea if I'll even get close to finishing.

Edit: Removed my "Spoiling Stuff", wouldn't want anyone to know I made the game. :D

Bulbapuck

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 01/08/2011 22:22:49
Spoiling stuff

Don't give away things about your game! :=

Oh, and I actually got off to a good start. I'm somewhat confident that I'll actually finish this, given that I keep this up :)

Chicky

I've never worked this hard on anything, in my life, ever. Game completion, two* walking frames.  -_-

*three

Ponch

Quote from: Chicky on Tue 02/08/2011 01:35:13
I've never worked this hard on anything, in my life, ever. Game completion, two* walking frames.  -_-

*three

So close! Why, it's practically a game now!  Keep going, Chicky! I believe in you! :D

Armageddon

Why do we only do this once a year? Why not every other month?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk