OROW: 1st of August. RESULTS.

Started by Dualnames, Fri 29/07/2011 14:46:04

Previous topic - Next topic

pmartin

Yeah. Severe sleep displacement.
Never been so happy about being unemployed.
(But somehow I've never been happy about having a job, sometimes life just isn't fair).

AJA

Well, my four days are up and I'm happy to announce that I've submitted my entry!

Best of luck to the rest of you! I'll be back on Sunday expecting to begin my week with lots of fun OROW games to play! Don't disappoint me. :)

Chicky

Man i hate you, i'm going to start programming tomorrow. Just import the PSD's and press 'make my game' right?

Ponch

Quote from: AJA on Thu 04/08/2011 23:05:18
Well, my four days are up and I'm happy to announce that I've submitted my entry!

>:(

Damn it! DAMN IT SO MUCH!!! JEALOUSY RISING... BLOOD PRESSURE... TOO... HIGH... TROUBLE... TYPING... BLAcking... out... (snore)...

Ryan Timothy B

I'm not even close to finishing. Looks like I underestimated the programming required with the little spare time I had. :(
Oh well. I'll continue as fast as I can and see where it takes me.

pmartin

It was all good when I was only drawing the sprites and setting up the game. Now I'm all late because I forgot how to script most of things in AGS. That's the trouble of working in a team in a long project, you have to keep doing in side projects what you don't do in your main one.

And when this is finished we should do a contest called "Who suffered more brain damage by orowing"  :=

AJA

Everyone, just take deep breaths, like so... ahhh, ehhh, ahhh, ehhh... And now, get back to your doomed projects! Just remember that everybody feels inadequate when they start scripting their game. Everything feels like crap. (And it might even be crap.) But in the end it will turn out not to be quite as crappy as you feared. And that's the thought that will get you through OROW with most of your limbs intact.

QuoteAnd when this is finished we should do a contest called "Who suffered more brain damage by orowing"  :=

Oh man, I would have won that contest last year... (A reminder for those who've not seen it.) Don't click the link! You should be busy with your game, remember?

pmartin

Kill yourself would you? I clicked the damn link.

I bet you just posted the link so we lose 15 minutes of work. That's cheating.
:b

AJA

Dualnames

I hope for a lot of last minute entries, eh! So far the competition has a fair and very positive amount of entries from amazing members.

I'm also working on a little something of an entry, we'll see.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ddq

I'll submit my entry, no matter how half-assed and unfinished it may be in two days time. Hopefully everything will come together. Right now. Over me.

Ponch

Quote from: ddq on Sat 06/08/2011 04:32:50
Hopefully everything will come together. Right now. Over me.

DDQ got walrus gumboot. He got Ono sideboard. He one spinal cracker...

I too will enter whatever gaming scraps I've managed to cobble together by then.  :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wow, it's already Friday?  I was just going to offer to help out with someone else's entry since I don't have time to do one myself.

Guess I should have thought of that five days ago.

If someone still needs some help with art assets or music or programming, you can PM me and I'll see what I can do if I haven't already signed on to help someone by then.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 06/08/2011 05:24:31
Wow, it's already Friday?  I was just going to offer to help out with someone else's entry since I don't have time to do one myself.

Guess I should have thought of that five days ago.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU?!?!?  ;)

pmartin

I'm making so many mistakes and playing the game over and over again so many times that every time  I see the main character I feel like I just made the worst game in the whole world.

And since we're quoting The Beatles, I'll quote Velvet Underground because someone HAS to do it.

"I am tired, I am weary
I could sleep for a thousand years
A thousand dreams that would awake me
Different colors made of tears"

Bulbapuck

Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to do this.

I thought I would get some time for it this weekend, but alas, I didn't.. I've got some stuff done and the story and puzzles are finished, so I'll probably finish it up at some point.

Best of luck to you guys, looking forward to your games :)

bicilotti

ShiverMeSideways

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

After numerous design changes, scribbles and my computer failing, I'm finally working on something with full steam ahead. It's going to suck, but hey, I hope to at least have SOMETHING FINISHED. (your definitions of "something" and "finished" may vary)

A bit late, but GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

:D

Chicky

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 06/08/2011 18:39:44
my.
head.
is.
melting.

This is hardcore, i've shocked myself at the progress but i fear the 'game' side of my orowc entry may not be up to scratch, as per usual with Chicky branded games. Basic puzzles ftw?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteWHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU?!?!?

One private message away  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk