The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Were we the good guy or the bad guy? I actually never figured that out.

NightHawk

Well done Wham. What was that machine we destroyed early on?

WHAM

Andrei Winogradski
Nationality: Russian
Andrei was a young technician, born and educated in the seaport-city of Petrozavodsk. He worked in the maintenance department of the main facility, and was responsible for the upkeep of the power generators running the facility. When the Ocean Crusaders freedom fighters attacked the facility, Andrei was caught in the crossfire. The hectic events lead to Andrei venturing to the "Green" subfacility in order to assist the security troops there and to ensure the safety of the precious oxygen-producing greenroom-dome there. As the head of security in the green facility was wounded, Andrei agreed to take up his job and defend the facility at all costs. Donning the borrowed security uniform he headed to the dome, but was injured as the walkway that crossed the dome collapsed, causing him to fall into one of the ventilation / sewer access openings.

Emma Watkins
Nationality: English
Emma Watkins was the manager of the European Undersea Facility 02. A strong, yet lonesome woman, she worked hard to ensure the facility was able to operate despite poor supply situation and crumbling morale of the personnel inhabiting the facility. Working together with the head of security, she attempted to organize resistance and summon reinforcements when the OC attacked, but the damage to the facility knocked out long-range communications, and all technical personnel were bound in the firefights erupting all around the facility.
Emma, having fallen asleep from over-exhaustion and poor physical condition, never woke up, and died in her sleep of CO2 poisoning. While she was not the last living person withing the facility at the time, her loss doomed the facility and the few survivors still surviving in the lower levels.

Mike Miller
Nationality: American / English
Mike Miller was the resident botanist working the green-room dome in the Green facility. It was thanks to his efforts that the dome was able to produce enough oxygen and foodstuffs to allow the survival of the facility for these past few years. As the fighting broke out, Mike attempted to hide and remain undetected, but as he realized the Green facility was flooding, he attempted to make his escape, believing himself the only survivor amongst the original personnel of the facility. Mike had never met Andrei before, and thus did not recognize him, and as Andrei wore a borrowed uniform when the two met, Mike feared the uniform had been stolen from a corpse, and reacted accordingly.

After the shootout in the Green dome control room, Mike gathered his strength, and despite his gunshot wound, managed to drag the unconscious body of Andrei to the sub-pens and call for help from the main facility. A security guard from the main facility arrived via a small sub to pick up the survivors, but Mike had expired before help arrived. Mike's body was left at the collection site of corpses in the submarine bay on level 3 of the main facility, which was flooded shortly thereafter.

Charles Brotherton
Nationality: German
Head of security in the Green facility, Charles lived in the constant fear of an attack by a rebel force. However, with little manpower available, Charles and his friends were overwhelmed easily and Charles himself was injured in the same shootout that saw Gregory Newell dead. It was only thanks to Andrei's assistance that Charles managed to retreat to his room, where he passed on his badge and uniform to Andrei.
Charles bled out and died in his bed a short while later.

Stephan Sundqvist
Nationality: Swedish
Stephan is an idealist and a freedom fighter, part of the organization calling itself the Ocean Crusaders. Having lived in the floating slums that house most of the post-polar ice cap melting world for all his life, Stephan was very bitter for the perceived "easy life" of the few that had been admitted in the underwater facilities. Having managed to steal a pair of scientific submarines, these freedom fighters gathered weapons and ammunition and planned an attack against one such underwater facility; the European Undersea Facility 02.
After the initial attack, Stephan was separated from his comrades and trapped in the sewers into which he had fallen during a firefight in the dome. After his encounter with Andrei in the sewers, he entered the sewer tunnels proper and eventually managed to make his way up a drainage pipe (that was being filled with water at the time, due to Andrei's actions) and arrived at the dome area. Here he also eventually encountered Andrei for the second and final time, as it was Andrei's gunshot that ended Stephan's life.

The mystery machine that changed it all
This machine... this GODDAMN MACHINE! It controlled both the gates that managed the flow of water in the tunnels around the Green facility's dome, as well as the power generators that ran on this water's flow.
Without realizing it, Andrei attempted to force the power generator's battery powered starter engines to start the machinery, which was already running. The generators burned out, failing completely and allowing water to flow freely in the sewers, which soon began to flood and caused the complete destruction of the Green facility, and by extension the entire European Undersea Facility 02.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Eric

I am sadder that Emma died than that we (Andrei) did.

oraxon

Thanks, WHAM. Great adventure. Good to have a downbeat ending once in a while.
It was fun playing with everyone and seeing how we all think.

WHAM

Quote from: oraxon on Sun 30/09/2012 10:47:18
Thanks, WHAM. Great adventure. Good to have a downbeat ending once in a while.

The ending was what the players made of it. It could have been oh-so different. :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

Frodo

WHAM

Selmiak & Frodo: Glad you liked the game!

I'm already doing rough sketches for my next game, which will be a World War 2 themed puzzle/adventure game with some "special" elements. If all goes well, I might be able to start it up during the upcoming week. Exciting times!

Ponch

It's over? But I haven't had a turn for two months. :sealed:

Oh well. Thanks for the game, WHAM. :cheesy:

WHAM

Not to worry, Ponch, you'll be able to participate in the next game for sure! :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 01/10/2012 11:15:23
Not to worry, Ponch, you'll be able to participate in the next game for sure! :)
Let's make a game of Barn Runner! That would be true mspaint game, by the way :D.

Ponch

I haven't even finished the next Barn Runner AGS game (and I'm a year behind schedule!), I don't have time for a forum game.  (wrong)

But that's no reason Dualnames couldn't step up and give us "Lesbian Adventures In Lesbianism (featuring lesbians): The Forum Game"  (nod)

I believe in you, Dualnames!  :-D

WHAM

This thread is about to be locked, as it's story has been told and we must part with the memory of poor Andrei.
No fear, my friends, for a new adventure is about to begin and can be found here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46933

I hope you all enjoy this new adventure as you did the last one!

-WHAM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk