The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Quote from: Tuomas on Thu 22/09/2011 10:44:46
I mean shit as in matter, not as in badly done matter, so it was supposed to be in no way offensive but merely some jive-talk from the hood.

Sorry man, we are all members of the KKK in this thread so we don't understand this "Jive talk" and thus appear intolerant.  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tuomas

WHAM

> Read that text that is hanged on the wall (next to the clock)

It's pretty hard to read when it's so dark, but the sign on the wall is a list of fire safety rules, as well as general ones, related to the use of the electric stove and oven.
Unless you are planning to use the stove, they will be of little importance.

You have a strange but strong feeling of deja-vu.

> Get rid of glass in pockets. Take scissors & condom. Use band-aids where needed. Put on latex glove.

You discard the piece of glass you were carrying around.
You pocket the condom in case you get lucky and you pocket the scissors in case you can't get the wrapper open fast enough. Good thinking!

You also wear the skin-coloured latex glove on your right hand... Wait, does this have something to do with the condom and the... ???
You are disturbed but mildly intrigued by these developements. The latex glove feels uncomfortable and makes your hand sweaty.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

The glove is in case we stick our fingers in anyone's head again. Also, we didn't get even one hit point back after using the bandages?  :(

WHAM

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 23/09/2011 00:34:02
The glove is in case we stick our fingers in anyone's head again. Also, we didn't get even one hit point back after using the bandages?  :(

Did you expect for the wounds to magically heal when a band-aid is applied? Sorry, that only happens in movies and video games!
In this game healing mostly happens through rest and recovery. Also, painkillers or similiar substances will offer temporary pain relief and through that, the appearance of boosted health.

kaputtnik

> take all kitchen utensils and pile them up in front of the metal door, take dry food and pile it up on top of the pile thusly generated, take dish towel, dip in sunflower oil found among utensils, read safety guidelines for using the stove once again, switch on electric stove, place oily rag on stove, dip your hand wearing the latex glove in the steadily rising water, wait until the rag catches fire, take the burning rag with your hand wearing the wet latex glove so you won't get burned, carefully place it on top of the pile of kitchen utensils and dry food, retreat to the right corner of the room and wait until the aforementionent pile, now burning brightly, unaffected by the steadily rising water, causes the once sturdy iron door to melt, covering and coating your makeshift bonfire in molten iron in such a remarkable way that the result looks a lot like what you had been looking for all the time: the iron Ziggurat of Moctahetl*!

> if door doesn't melt, open panel next to the door and hack the access control system.

*When you were a kid, your grandfather had always told you about this legendary, secret, ancient formation of solid iron and stainless steel, hidden away far away in some underground jungle in the sewers of a legendary Mayan town from 300,000 B.C., built by the two most powerful, yet long forgotten Egypt gods of the netherworld, Thumac-El-Mahop and Jaboneth the Elder - now that you have found it, his death has not been in vain!
I, object.

WHAM

@ kaputtnik

.......WHAT!?  :D
I fear that if I try to get our nameless hero to comply with an order of such length and complexity his poor brain will simply implode. Sorry...  :(

kaputtnik

Gah, and we were so close to saving him!

> use scissors on panel next to door (with your hand wearing the latex glove, so you won't get an electrical shock)
I, object.

cat

Why should we do that to the control of the cold room? I think we should try to get one of the still closed doors open.

kaputtnik

Of course! I thought this might cause a general malfunction of the electronic door locking system...
I, object.

cat

> go back to pool room and try to open elevator door with pool cue

kaputtnik

But, that old pool queue has never done us any good!

> go back to pool room and try to open elevator door with scissors
I, object.

WHAM

> Use scissors on panel next to door

You haphazardly jam the scissors through the small LED panel on the panel which apparently used to report the temperature in the cold room. The scissors sink into the panel and crack some plastics, but nothing else of interest happens. You shrug and choose to head for the pool room.

> Go back to pool room and try to open elevator door with pool cue

You attempt to jam the pool que between the elevator doors, but the que is too thick to fit between the doors. You are unsuccessful.

> Open elevator door with scissors

You jam the scissors between the elevator doors and twist them. You manage to create a small gap between the elevator doors, but the effort has bent the SCISSORS out of shape, turning them into BENT SCISSORS.

Ryan Timothy B

> Now use the pool cue to open the elevator door.

Ponch

Damn! And we just got those scissors too. :P

WHAM

> Now use the pool cue to open the elevator door.

You jam the pool que into the elevator doors and force the doors apart. After a little effort you hear two loud sounds:
1: A wooden crack as the pool que splits into two
2: A metallic snap as something in the door mechanism gives away

The doors become loose and you can now easily push them aside, allowing free access into the elevator.

selmiak

>sit down and read the descriptions on all the DVDs and imagine what the movie could be if you had electricity to relax after all this stress

Tabata

> explore the elevator cabin (is it working, or has it an emergency exit to climb up the chute)

WHAM

> Sit down and read the descriptions on all the DVDs and imagine what the movie could be if you had electricity to relax after all this stress

You take a seat and start going through all the DVD's. You realize you can actually remember some of them! Heeey! You loved Starship Troopers 2, even though everyone else hated it! That was a GREAT movie...

You become lost in thought...

You have no idea how much time has passed, but you feel GREAT!
You can hear the watery splishy-splashy noise in here now too, and you can also hear a metallic banging noise coming from the EAST.

Ponch

Well, it's nice to see we recovered some hit points and nerves. But I think things have taken an ominous turn. Anyone can to share their thoughts about what we should do next?  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk