The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Oh nooooo!     I have had a short thought about this when staring at the badges (but threw it away without any research) because noone can expect everyone has a smartphone with this app. 

@WHAM & Prozail:   Chapeau! 

Ponch

I noticed the bar codes, but never thought they were a clue. Sigh.  :-[

TomatoesInTheHead

I had hoped for a functioning barcode scanner in-game...

Ponch

So we're all agreed then, right? Wham is a terrible person and should feel bad about this.  ;)

WHAM

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 06/10/2011 18:38:44
Oh nooooo!     I have had a short thought about this when staring at the badges (but threw it away without any research) because noone can expect everyone has a smartphone with this app. 

I didn't even think of a smartphone app. I was hoping that someone who reads this forum works in a store or someplace with a barcode reader and a printer. And then there are programs and websites that can decode barcodes pretty easily.

Now you should have a good idea what to expect from the rest of the game: cryptic hints, myst-inspired puzzles and the ability to break puzzles if you do it wrong (so long, machine in the basement!)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

the machine was a funny game :D
so... what's behind door number 4 (6)? This cool kryptic riddle took too much time, save us from drowning in this hostile environment...

Lord Hemlock

Sounds like we might need a sump pump...  Or a raft.  That would be an interesting way to travel around the facility.

WHAM

-----

> Go to the Newells locked door and enter PIN 4804 green on the keyboard

You stomp away to the door B-2, labelled "Newell / Newell" and enter the code 4804 and press the green button. You hear a lovely "blip" sound from the mechanism and can hear some sort of mechanism inside the door activate. You can't resist and decide to step through the door to take a look inside.

You now stand in what appears to be a small apartment for two people. There is a bunk bed in the corner, next to some lockers, one of which is slightly ajar. There is also a chair, a desk, a laptop computer and a window. There is also a door labelled "WC". Some water seems to be trickling through the side of the door as well as the lock on the door.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Bogdan

Ponch

Lord Hemlock

> Examine computer screen and memo on the desk.

Wonkyth

Look at that thing under the pillow, and maybe think about something to use that paddle with...
Also, check out the window.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

-=Lisa=-

I'm a bit curious about that picture of a man standing in blood :o

Lord Hemlock

Quote from: -=Lisa=- on Mon 10/10/2011 16:24:54
I'm a bit curious about that picture of a man standing in blood :o

It reminds me of both The Slender Man or The Prince from the Chzo mythos games.

Lt. Smash

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 10/10/2011 00:56:38
> DO NOT open water closet.
Haha, we obviously killed the sewage pump. All toilets are spilling over...  I hope our hero doesn't need one ;D

EDIT:

It would be interesting to

> Look out of window.

WHAM

-----
(Sorry guys, so much input I will default back to the one input per turn for a bit to keep things manageable)

> Examine lockers

You examine the lockers. They have metal doors with small rotating combination locks on them, with numbers from 0 to 50. The left locker door is slightly ajar and you carefully open it and take a peek inside. You spot a pair of shoes similiar to the ones you are wearing, although they seem to be of smaller size than yours. Other than that, there are only two bare metal coat hangers.

You feel the floor shudder and there is a bright flash of light outside the window. You wonder what the hell happened? You can hear a door opening in the hall you entered the room through, as well as a familiar man's voice shouting profanities.

Prozail

>While trying to stay out of the light, sneak up to the desk. (crawl if needed)

>Read the memo!

Think this is the best bet of finding out what-da-hell-is-goin-on.. The guy outside is prob. just upset by all the water...

Ponch

Did the bomb just go off? In addition to cannibals and zombies, we now have to deal with radioactive mutants too?  :o  We need to find a black V-8 interceptor, some leather armor, a dog, all the gasoline we can carry, and a map to Australia as soon as possible!

WHAM

-----
(Sorry guys, so much input I will default back to the one input per turn for a bit to keep things manageable)

> Approach desk, read the memo!

As soon as the bright light appeared it disappears. You have no idea what caused it.

You approach the desk and grab the piece of paper and read it:

"Greg, do you REALLY need that poster on the wall? I've said it to you, I've sent you e-mails and I've tried moving it and you always have to put it back up. It creeps me out!!!

Please get rid of it? Move it? Hide it?

I'll make it up to you if you do <3

XOXOXO
<3 Christina <3"

You turn the paper around and check the back just to be sure there are no cryptically hidden clues, but nothing is there. You place the paper back on the desk as it doesn't seem very important right now.

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk