The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

maybe there is something in the news about the situation in this building - we don't know anything about where we are or what they are doing here and what has happened

> switch through the chanels for news

WHAM

-----

> Turn on TV

You turn on the TV and flip through a few channels. All of the channels seem to be showing the same, quite boring, show.
The TV only shows some kind of calibration image, which is slightly distorted and fuzzy. The speakers emit a loud sine wave tone, intermittently interrupted by a female voice repeating a recorded line: "Service interrupted - Reason - Unknown emergency - Please remain calm", followed by more of the sine wave tone.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Grim

>Go through the double door to the north.

Ponch

Quote from: Grim on Sun 21/08/2011 22:09:22
>Go through the double door to the north.

Good idea! We need to get away from that chalkboard. It's clearly haunted. (We didn't change that picture back, so it must be evil chalk spirits!  ;) )

Ryan Timothy B

Before you go
> Take some silverware from the table
Also
> Take a handful of shells from the ground
(Or at least I'm assuming they're bullet casings)

I'm thinking the shells can come in handy for a distraction. Like tossing one to make some noise.
And the cutlery (hopefully a butter knife) will definitely be useful.

WHAM

Dammit!

I mean... Ponch, I have no idea what you are talking about! Maybe you should just press ctrl+F5 and see if that clears your head of these delusions.

I'll post the next room tomorrow after work. Good night, ladies and gentlemen.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Wonkyth

Wouldn't it be better to go through the door next to the bullet casings, since that would imply a receding front, and more likely a way out. That was the reasoning behind my previous un-utilised input. :P
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Grim

Quote from: Wonkyth+ on Mon 22/08/2011 08:54:16
Wouldn't it be better to go through the door next to the bullet casings, since that would imply a receding front, and more likely a way out. That was the reasoning behind my previous un-utilised input. :P

I suppose you're right. Can I change it to:

>Take the door that Wynkyth+ had suggested?

I want to see some daylight, too.

WHAM

Awwww. And I already drew most of the room behind the double doors last night.
Oh well, I shall grant you this change, and the next command will be: > USE left door (EAST)

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

WHAM

No worries, this is why I keep the rooms fairly simple, as it's perfectly possible that player whim causes the game to skip some rooms entirely, or just visit them for one turn on one occasion and never see them again.

I actually drew a big machine room that was beyond the hole in the ventilation tunnel you guys jumped into, and I drew a maze puzzle that you ALMOST entered in the sewers. Maybe the game will come around and those will see some use later, maybe not. We'll see, wont we?  ;)

WHAM

-----

> Go through EAST door (LEFT door)

You walk towards the door that leads EAST. Remember? I told you when we arrived in this room how we arrived from the WEST which was right screen? Right? Good.

So yeah, you go through the door...

So yeah, now NORTH is UP again, isn't that nice. Oh for f...

This does not look too promising! The man has been SHOT in the HEAD!

Ponch

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 22/08/2011 16:57:23
This does not look too promising! The man has been SHOT in the HEAD!

And he had only two days left until retirement!  :(

> Search corpse (hopefully he has a gun)
> Plug that dangling cord back into it's outlet.

Tabata

WHAM

-----
One thing at a time, gentlemen!
> Search corpse, take ID

You search the corpse for anything useful. The man's pistol holster is empty, and he has no ammunition on him. His pockets are empty.

You take a look at the ID as you pick it up. Mr Newell, rest in peace.

You pocket the new ID. Your pockets are feeling a tad cluttered already.

selmiak

> use id onn scanthing to open door

veryweirdguy

Poor Gabe Newell. :(

>Announce the cancellation of Half Life2: Episode 3.

Ponch

> Plug recording device into TV and watch playback of recordings.

(There might be a clue. Maybe we'll find out who killed Gabe and ruined our chances of Half Life 3)

WHAM

-----
One thing at a time, gentlemen!
> use id onn scanthing to open door

You wave both of your ID's at the strange devidce next attached to the wall next to the small desk. The device does not respond. You choose, instead, to EXAMINE the device and in fact discover it consists of a metal box with two button on it: a red button and a green button.

> Announce the cancellation of Half Life2: Episode 3
ERROR - CRITICAL ERROR IN INPUT - UNABLE TO KILL A GOD

> Plug recording device into TV and watch playback of recordings

You snatch the cord and examine it closer. There is a cable that connects the TV screen and the recording device, but it seems that the hanging wire is in fact the power cable of the TV. You plug it in and the screen comes to life, albeit quite fuzzy and distorted.

The Recording device has only two buttons: "eject" and "start", and neither of them does squat, as the slot where a removable hard drive is supposed to be places is empty.

BlueAngel

Oh no I have missed this one!  :(

> Take dead man’s pants and wear them, move over all your belongings to the new pants.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk