The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

>Try to reason with the person behind the door. Tell him "it's a misunderstanding", "I'm on your side", "if we team up we can help each other", etc.

> Rolling for success with skill "Bluff": Magic8ball-1D20 = 9

You make several attempts at talking your way out of this one, but to no avail. There isn't even a response. Perhaps if you tried again later?

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

> Try to open all other doors in this room.

WHAM

> Try to open all other doors in this room

You go door to door, trying the handles on each of the doors and tring a few random combinations on the numeric pads attached to the door. No luck, all of the doors are locked and require a numerical code to unlock.

You ponder if you have any way to figure out what the codes might be?

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

A puzzle? I wasn't expecting that! Not in a game filled with hot pockets and brain diddling. Hmmm...

> Hint

Surely this game has some sort of built in hint system. It's not the 90s anymore, for God's sake. ;)

===============
Update!
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=44567.0
Hopefully someone familiar with this game will ride to our rescue, because I'm totally stuck!

WHAM

Here are some hints to help you guys along your way:

Hint level 1:
Spoiler
While this game is humorous, the characters within might not respond well to forumite humor and might indeed take offense at being "sold leather jackets". Act natural and you might get help, information, hell, you might even get a friend!
[close]

Hint level 2:
Spoiler
Don't push your luck! Any luck / skill related event such as combat or the results of commands given in a general context, such as "talk man into helping us" will be resolved by the Magic-8-ball-of-doom
[close]

Hint level 3:
Spoiler
with some lateral thinking, some of the door codes can be easily read
[close]

Ponch

Hmmm. Hopefully cat or gameboy or one of the others are good at puzzles. I've more of a "randomly try things" approach to gaming. And while time consuming enough in normal game play, trying it in this turn-based, update once a day approach to gaming might not be the best approach.  :P

Ghost

> check the control panel to figure out how many digits a door code has

(I bet it's something to do with those numbers on the ground.)

Ponch

Closeup of the door lock and my attempt to solve it are back here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=44156.msg592199#msg592199

I await your solution, Ghost. I am too tired and confuddled to continue tonight.

Ghost

> enter "2,2,green" for door B2.

WHAM

-----

> Enter "2,2,green" for door B2.

You step to door "B2 - Newell / Newell" and start entering a passcode to the kaypad on the door:

2, 2, green
The door panel lets out a short buzzing noise followed by two long beeps. You have no idea what that means so you try to open the door. It remains steadfastly locked.

Ponch

Well, it didn't unlock the door. But it got rid of all the water. Good job, Ghost!  ;D

WHAM

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 05/10/2011 06:41:01
Well, it didn't unlock the door. But it got rid of all the water. Good job, Ghost!  ;D

DAMN MY LAZINESS AND LACK OF ATTENTION TO DETAIL!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

How about a REAL closeup of the keypad so you can see if it's numbered at all?  And perhaps those green and red buttons have some kind of shapes on them, as keypads often do, to indicate their use.

WHAM

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 05/10/2011 10:13:47
How about a REAL closeup of the keypad so you can see if it's numbered at all?  And perhaps those green and red buttons have some kind of shapes on them, as keypads often do, to indicate their use.

RED 0      GREEN

The red and green buttons are just that, no symbols, just coloured square buttons. The buttons are also clean, none seem more worn that others and there are no indentations in them. None feel warm to the touch or taste funny either.

cat

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 05/10/2011 06:21:26
Hopefully cat or gameboy or one of the others are good at puzzles.

I'm rather clueless now...

I try to get the information together:

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 05/09/2011 19:30:41

The names on the doors are:

A1 - Stephenson
A2 - Paterson / Godwin
A3 - Stuewe

B1 - Brotherton
B2 - Newell / Newell
B3 - Haun / Farley
B4 - Miller / Klugman

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 04/09/2011 15:19:55
The whiteboard has some sort of table:

Stephenson / Klugman    Newell G. / Brotherton
Miller / Farley   Godwin / Newell C.
DOME   SECURITY

And the dead guy is
Quote from: WHAM on Mon 22/08/2011 20:45:24

But don't have any idea how to get the door codes.

Wonkyth

What about just 668428 GREEN?
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

cat

Ponch tried that already

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 05/09/2011 19:38:55
> Go to door B2. Enter 668428 on the keypad

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Tabata

You also can "work" with this:

... I have no clue about the code(s)  :-\

Lt. Smash

Hmm, let's try something:

> Try code 639355 to open Newell's door.

That's just the telephone-numeric equivalent for NEWELL.
Otherwise I'm "idea-less"  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk