London Riots - OR - What's your favourite thing about Hitler?

Started by Ali, Mon 08/08/2011 18:20:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

To claim that the nazis were "just the other side" is certainly a troubling thing to do.

You realise what they did right?

NsMn

OMG WHAM IS TEH NAZI BETTER LOCK HIM INTO DA PRISON!!!!!11111

WHAM

I realize they did bad things, AND I realize they did good things.
Hey, isn't that true for ALL ruling powers in the world?

This Nazi discussion is actually quite pointless, so I will drop it for my part now.
The major difference is that I live in a country that was allied to the Nazis during The War and most of you guys lived, to my understanding, in countries who fought the Nazis.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ali

Can we get some Germans in here to explain what was wrong with the Nazis?

WHAM

Having Germans do the explaining would be quite pointless. It has been beaten into their minds that it was THEIR nation who caused all the misery in the world ever, and they are having the worst nationwide guilt-trip ever. The damn nation is so afraid of the swastika that showing it is strictly illegal, for chrissakes!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ddq

<jew hat>
You are a monster.
</jew hat>

Ali

Shouldn't that be <kippah>?

kconan

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 09/09/2011 17:26:29
The major difference is that I live in a country that was allied to the Nazis during The War and most of you guys lived, to my understanding, in countries who fought the Nazis.

Allied until the Lapland War.

WHAM

@Kconan: true, so true. And still I can't help but feel thankful for them for saving our asses from the Russians in the Continuation War.

Snarky

So WHAM, at this point you're just straight up defending the Nazis, huh?

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 09/09/2011 17:26:29
I realize they did bad things, AND I realize they did good things.
Hey, isn't that true for ALL ruling powers in the world?

::)

... and yet it's always us liberals who get accused of moral relativism.

Yes, all governments do good and bad things, but the relative scale of these things matters!

So if we take the Nazis:

PRO:
-Created the Volkwagen Beetle
-Helped Finland resist invasion by the Soviet Union

CON:
-Deliberately murdered 6 million innocent men, women and children just because they were Jewish
-Also murdered millions of Gypsies, Slavs and other "inferior races", and planned to murder more
-Murdered thousands of political opponents, rivals and dissenters (imprisoning many more others)
-Instituted a system of widespread slave labor
-Performed gruesome and deadly medical experiments on concentration camp prisoners
-Created a police state that routinely used torture on its citizens to extract confessions
-Invaded most of the European continent, reducing its nations to slave states and taking their resources for German use
-Provoked a war that killed more than 50 million people
-Committed numerous war crimes, especially on the Eastern front

</redundant>

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 09/09/2011 17:48:03
@Kconan: true, so true. And still I can't help but feel thankful for them for saving our asses from the Russians in the Continuation War.

The Russians helped liberate my country from German occupation, but that doesn't mean I can't think Stalin was a monster.

Calin Leafshade

I dont even like Beetles..

WHAM

Oh there are so many things I could say right now... So many arguments I could go for in that post, but I'll walk away for now.

Ali

What, do you really like Beetles?

ddq

What, are you more of a Stones guy?

Dualnames

I HATE NAZIS.

Now that i am considered a human being, cause hatred is what this is all about let me state the AMAZING LOGIC.

PRO:
-Created the Volkwagen Beetle

Amazing, my life wouldn't work without this.

-Helped Finland resist invasion by the Soviet Union

So we compare fascists and we take the best one? "Would you like to get raped anally or vaginally?" "How about no rape?"

CON:
-Deliberately murdered 6 million innocent men, women and children just because they were Jewish

Name a war that wasn't toward something that helped separate people apart and not conclude in killing your mother. Namely, it's war, that is legal.

-Murdered thousands of political opponents, rivals and dissenters (imprisoning many more others)

Cause no one has done this before. EVER.

-Created a police state that routinely used torture on its citizens to extract confessions

And now things are so much better. I mean police violence? No such thing exists.

-Invaded most of the European continent, reducing its nations to slave states and taking their resources for German use

While Americans were in post-depression and then SUDDENLY THEY COULD AFFORD ALL THESE SHIT, LIKE GUNS AND TANKS AND SHIT.

-Provoked a war that killed more than 50 million people

One child dies every 6 seconds in Africa, but that's f@#@% democratic.

-Committed numerous war crimes, especially on the Eastern front

While the Russians and everyone else was a f@#@# saint.

THE QUESTION IS, HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT WHAT YOU ARE TOLD IS the ABSOLUTE TRUTH? There's only one reason why things happen. MONEY IS TO BE MADE. BASH MY POST PLEASE.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/09/2011 18:21:47
One child dies every 6 seconds in Africa, but that's f@#@% democratic.

GRAMMAR NAZI ATTACK! That last word should be "demographic"!!! SIEG HEIL!
</bashing>

NsMn

Finland wasn't fascist at the time, it was a republic. So that was definitely a good thing.

tzachs

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/09/2011 18:21:47
CON:

Name a war that wasn't toward something that helped separate people apart and not conclude in killing your mother. Namely, it's war, that is legal.
If there is no just reason to go to war, then the war itself is illegal.
Commiting genocide is not a just reason to go to war, it is the worst crime of all.
And even if the war was just, still, deliberately murdering innocent citizens (some of them even their own citizens which were proud German patriots) is not legal, and therefore considered a war crime.

THE QUESTION IS, HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT WHAT YOU ARE TOLD IS the ABSOLUTE TRUTH? There's only one reason why things happen. MONEY IS TO BE MADE. BASH MY POST PLEASE.
100%.
I know that from the small amount of my family members (and friends family members) that survived and witnessed their brothers and sisters going to the gas chambers or killed in other various ways.

NsMn

I doubt that's what WHAM meant. I don't know if you misunderstood that or just think everybody like him is a holocaust denier...

WHAM

On one hand there is never a good reason to start a war.
On the other hand there always is a good reason to start a war (For the Nazis it was mostly Lebensraum and international political power)

How I see it, the main reason for the Nazi regime's anti-Jew plans was twofold: Jews were a minority and thus easy to turn into scapegoats to unite the majority of the German people. In addition, in many areas it was the Jew populace that held great sums of money in gold, stocks and investments, and "relieving" these people of their riches was an easy way for the Nazis to fund their plans.

When you dig deep enough, there is always a reason for things like this. Whether or not it's a good or a bad thing depends on who you ask and how well the offender does his job.

If the Nazis had won the war, I highly doubt we would be here, pondering on "the poor Jews" and their misery. However, since the war went the way it did, the event we have labelled "the Holocaust" is seen in a purely negative light. No, I am not saying the Holocaus did not happen, nor that it wasn't a terrible thing to do, but what I am trying to do is have historical perspective and neutrality on the subject, instead of jumping on the global "oh the poor Jews" -bandwagon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk