The Unicated - Now with speech!

Started by Duzz, Tue 30/08/2011 13:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

My entry for the August 2011 MAGS:

- The Unicated -

Join twins Bo and Mal as they struggle to escape being torn apart by a society that shuns the wicked and innocent alike.  LOL!!

Download here!

The theme was "Evil Twin". It ended up being similar in a lot of ways to my first AGS game, for MAGS in 2002. Except I've come a long way since then, and had help on this one with background art and music.

Enjoy!

Update: 29/1/2012 - Released a new version with speech and a couple of other minor tweaks.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Gepard

This looks soooo cute  ;D Downloading!
Drink up me 'arties! Yo ho!

Khris

Damn, this looks amazing! Love the style and the DOTT font! Downloading.

SarahLiz

Woo-hoo, looks great, can't wait to give it a try!!!
:D

Sarah

blueskirt

This game oozes "2011 Maggie award winner" all over the place. It's awesome! :D

TomatoesInTheHead

Played it yesterday, really cool game!

Haggis

Excellent game - short but sweet, unlike Mal

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

KiraHaraReturns

nicccccccce, every single pixel on the right spot, I will give it a try when I have some time

selmiak

Bogdan

LOL really a good game!
Spoiler
I like how this press left and right click at the same time for ultimate combination works. I see it first time in a game and it's really awesome.
[close]

selmiak

^^^^ this is a huge spoiler! Hide it now!
but I like that too, makes perfect sense :D

Greenskull

Monsieur OUXX

Can't wait. (sorry I'm over excited by its physical appearence. I'm only a man)

Duzz

Thanks everyone!

It's been good having some spare time this week after devoting it all to mags for a month, but it's really cool getting something done from start to finish in such a short time. Having a friend doing the backgrounds made it a lot easier, doing my own always took me the longest and I was never happy with the results.  It was fun doing the character art too, haven't done pixel art like that for years.

Also, don't forget to vote!  :=
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Ghost

Looks way wicked. Downloading...

[edit]
Woah, good one! Pretty clever interface there, and... how to put it... charmingly disgusting, in the best sense.

Kristof

Timeless Journey

vertigoaddict

a great and clever game XD I enjoyed it a lot

Afflict

Awesome, I loved it! Loved the interface!

Tabata

A very good MAGS-game with a cool story, nice graphics and a really clever interface.
I had big fun playing it!

Abisso

You're a genius. The Siamese twin concept is awesome, and so the way you implemented it (separate mouse-buttons for each twin, and pressing both to make them cooperate). The graphic is great, very professional and fit to the game-style. The plot is deeper than I could have imagined, and made me think (between a laugh and another :D).

All aspects of the game are very balanced, I can't really point out a flaw. Even the ending screen and the soundtrack are very nice.

You have all my respect.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

WHAM

I enjoyed the game, although I was left with a massive "What the heck" -feeling at the end.

Hope you don't mind me posting this, but I also recorded my playthrough in Let's Play format and the video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKZOH0oK1w
(Video just uploaded, will be accessible within the hour)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Duzz

Thanks guys.!  Nice let's play too.  Saw a couple of bugs I must have missed watching that (damn!).   The pacing at the end was a bit off I agree, it all ends really quickly. "what the heck" works for me though  ;D

Ghost

Quote from: Duzz on Tue 18/10/2011 23:31:33
The pacing at the end was a bit off I agree, it all ends really quickly

I don't know, I actually liked it that way: Hinting at what CAN be in the future, with a small "on-screen" presentation. Reminded me of these Twilight Zone episodes with the "smack-in-your-face" ending.
But yes, it WAS a pretty big WTH...

Duzz

A new version with voices is now up!

Adrian, who did the background art and most of the voices is keen for feedback on his accents, so let us know what you think.  ;D

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1471

WHAM

Noooo! I wanted to do voice acting! :D
I'll bite, and will let you know after I've played this again.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

kajlin

mjomble

Brilliant! :D

The voices are excellent (anyone who's only played it without them should really do a replay) and the concept works well.

Found this via the AGS Awards and will be voting for this in its categories - most of the other contestants I've reviewed so far haven't left as good an impression, at least not so quickly.

Well done!
You should play Vohaul Strikes Back and Incinerations (they both happen to be fan made Space Quest sequels made with AGS).
And then tell everybody on the planet about them. And off the planet.

Duzz

david

Hey Duzz,

I found a bug, sorry man
after using the tools on the panel I got the error. I've saved it for you, but don't know how to post an image (JPG)

EDIT:
I will write it for you here:
in "GlobalScript.asc", line 100
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 717
from "room2.asc", line 233

Error: Error running function 'oPanel_UseInv':
Error: Null pointer referenced

whew
that's it
hope it helps

Duzz

Oh, thanks Dude! I've fixed it, uploading a new build now...

CosmoQueen

Hi! I was playing your game and I got this error:

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 112
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 717
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 1887

Error: Error running function 'iBabyAsprin_UseInv':
Error: Null pointer referenced
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk