Far Corners of the World

Started by Cogliostro, Thu 01/09/2011 20:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogliostro

Okay, can I get a hint about getting the doctors to stop talking about golf?

I've already kluged together the GPS coordinates, though using those on the map or anyone at the museum will NOT let me figure out where those cooridnates point to.

- Cogliostro

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Dervish

ok to get the Doctors to stop talking is multi layered puzzle So I suppose I will go step by step

Spoiler
First you have to know the Doctors' names so look at both doctors.  One is Doc Hart the other is Doc Miller.
[close]

Spoiler
Then you need to have the Nurse page Doctor Miller.  I think you have to go through some dialog to get to it.  But of course, she won't do it with out having you do a favor for her.
[close]

Spoiler
The nurse wants you to get the lotto numbers for her.  She says they usually show them on TV.  So you need to gain access to the tv.  to do that you need to distract the guy watching the TV with the magazine from your sisters room.
[close]

Spoiler
Make sure to have a pen and paper ready, becuase this is your only chance to get the lotto numbers.  Once you have them go tell the Nurse and she will page the Doc.... Success.... NOOOOO of course the Intercom is busted.
[close]

Spoiler
if you are to lazy to write it down the lotto numbers are 17 26 35 37 40 48.  I am not sure if you can give her the answer without having seen the tv show the numbers.
[close]

Spoiler
I spent a good hour or two thinking ok well obviously I need to fix the intercom, but that is not the answer.  So what you need to do is have the Nurse announce it again this time you can stay in the room while she does it.  So what you need to do is record her with your phone as she says it.
[close]

Spoiler
Once you have gotten that far it should be fairly simple.  Place the phone some place by the intercom where it can be hidden and give yourself a call using the payphone
[close]

Sorry probably more then just a hint I know when I am playing an advenuter game all I need is a little nugget of info to proceed. 

Cogliostro

Okay, trying to break into Club Morello.

Spoiler

Read the newspaper clipping, have one full date, and a year.  Tried all combinations, using the UK and American formats.  None of those dates work on the keypad.
[close]

- Cogliostro

Dervish

I assume you have already gone through the front door?

If not here is how you get into the front door:

Spoiler
You have to have Gwen's Pass... The Chewing Gum... the Cutters...and Your ID
[close]

How to get the Items Listed above

Spoiler
Gwen's Pass- which I think you need just to find the club, but if not here you go.  Gwen's Pass is in the flat so you have to get back into there to do that talk to the nosy neighbor upstairs who tells you that your Sis hid a key find the loose tile and use the tweezers to fish the key out.  Now you can open the door and and Gwen's Pass is sitting on the table.
[close]

Spoiler
The Chewing Gum- Go to the airport and talk to the Tourists from Texas.  After you arange the deal of trading them something for the Gum.  Talk to them again, and they will give you the gum... that puzzle kinda frustrated me becuase why didn't they just give you the gum in the first place?  Anyway then you need to use the Gum on you self to get a piece of chewed Gum.
[close]

Spoiler
The Cutter- Go to the park and see the janitor from the hospital is on his break.  You can then go back and get his Cutter from the unattended toolbox.
[close]

Spoiler
Your ID- It is in your wallet but you should already have it cuase I think you had to show it to the noisy neighbor upstairs.
[close]

Now if you need further help with what to do with the front door...
Spoiler
You might have to hand the bouncer Gwen's ID first that is what I did.  So then the Bouncer rejects it and you have to use the cutters on your ID to get the picture of yourself then use the chewed gum on the photo of yourself finally use the photo of yourself on the pass...tada you have got a fake ID... course I think that guy would lose his job who would fall for a photo stuck onto an ID with bubble gum (well thank goodness he is pretty thick.)
[close]

Ok After all that IF you only need help getting in the Back door here it is...

Spoiler
I don't know that the News Clipping has any point maybe a red herring, not sure.  To Open the Back Door you need a Seven digit Code, so you need to find a string of Seven Digits.  Anyway If you talked to your wife after the first meeting after the airport, she tells you she is good with numbers.  If you notice the arcade machine in the bar has a hiscore menu but the actual game has no score.  That is certainly odd? And the scores are in a weird format...Now I am sure that there is some way to get the correct number out of the list of ten scores but I am no math whiz, so the easiest thing to do is take a picture with your cell phone of the hiscore screen.  Then go to the Hosptial and talk to your wife or fiance? show her the phone.  She will ask if you want to know the number you are looking for. If you say yes she will tell you if you say no she lets you figure it out for yourself. I just say yes... I am not sure if this effects the score or not.
[close]

Dervish

sorry for the second post but I have a seperate question.

Ok, I have my own question...
I am in the Park and trying to wake the dog up.  How do I wake him up?

Spoiler
 I have used the hotdog under the couples bench, and fed the birds up to the point where they are close to the dog.  I try to wake the dog up and that old lady keeps yelling at me to leave her dog alone... so what do I need to do to the dog or to the lady to get that Dog movin?
[close]

Nevermind I figured it out....all I can say is DOH!!!!

Cogliostro

Okay, how do I get the airport to show up on the map?!

- Cogliostro

Nevermind!

EDIT
Spoiler

ARGH!  I ended up restarting the game before I found the stupid GPS.  That gave me the park and the airport.
[close]

Cogliostro

Spoiler
The golden disk is laid out at the apartment.  I got the magnifying glass and used it on the mountain.  I've tried every logical combination I could think of.  Then ran every variation on the inner two rings.  Nothing.
[close]

What do I do now?

- Cogliostro

Wesray

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 02/09/2011 17:08:27

The golden disk is laid out at the apartment.  I got the magnifying glass and used it on the mountain.  I've tried every combination I could think of.  Then ran every variation on the inner two rings.  Nothing.  

Now what?

Spoiler

Did you look up the symbol you saw through the magnifying glass in Suzie's book? Any ideas what that could mean in respect to the painting?
[close]

In short
Spoiler

you need to take a look at the back of the canvas!
[close]

Oh, and one note about the lottery numbers... I saw that problem mentioned a few times, but
Spoiler

even if you don't catch the numbers the first time, you can still get them later, by simply looking at the TV - they are displayed at the bottom of the screen until you have solved that puzzle.
[close]
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Cogliostro

Okay, new problem

Spoiler

Trying to get the "tile" out of the sewers.  The hooded-person is in EVERY room trying to stop me.  I've wandered aimlessly trying to get back to the room, and got nowhere with that.  So I tried to set a trap, something that might knock him off a bridge and into the sewage when he chases me.  But nothing works on the bridges and nothing works on him.   

BTW Thanks for the hint about the painting.  When I couldn't turn the painting around, I thought I was on the wrong track.
[close]

- Cogliostro

EDIT:

Now that's more like it.  I post the request for information and solve the problems two minutes later.

Spoiler

For those of you looking for the clue... there's only one thing in the whole sewer you can pick up.  You better bring it along.
[close]

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
My inventory: Cell Phone, wallet, tweezers, photo of sister, ID, bread, cleaner, brush, cordon, pencil.

I have the hospital, museum, and sister's place. I'm at the point where the doctors are still talking, the sister wants money but I don't know my ATM pin, and I assume I have to get that giant bird in the museum to fall but I can't reach the ropes.
[close]

nihilyst

I've read something about going to the airport. But how do I go there? It doesn't seem to be on the map.

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
never mind you had to use the phone to get the PIN. I thought I tried that before like 5 times and it did nothing...oh well. Maybe you have to use it on the screen with the ATM
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 02/09/2011 13:34:14
Spoiler

ARGH!  I ended up restarting the game before I found the stupid GPS.  That gave me the park and the airport.
[close]

I'm still stuck:

Spoiler
I got the coordinates on the paper but I don't know where to find the GPS. I guessed to use the phone (well, my iPhone has a GPS so it made sense...lol) but that doesn't work.
[close]

Any hints..?

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow
Spoiler

The GPS is in one of the drawers in the sisters room
[close]
Where do I get the
Spoiler

pencil?
[close]

sthomannch

Nevermind, was too obvious...

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 04/09/2011 23:15:32
Shadow
Spoiler

The GPS is in one of the drawers in the sisters room
[close]

Now that was frustrating...I clicked them so many times and it said that there's nothing interesting. Talk about a pixel hunt  >:(

Thank you

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Stuck again in a number of dead ends:

1)
Spoiler
I have NO idea where to find chocolate for the girl in the park. I'm guessing I have to get chocolate cake for the tourists in exchange and I see the cake on the fire escape but no way up there..
[close]
2)
Spoiler
The woman in the souvenir shop says she wants "something special" for the magnifying glass. I wish she would be more specific...
[close]

Thanks!

SHADOW

Cogliostro

SHADOW

Here's a series of hints, followed by the out and out solution.

CAKE HINTS)
Spoiler

Your right, get the cake to the tourists and get candy in exchange.

You cannot get up to the cake.

Don't worry about the cake being in edible condition when you get it down.

There's something you need from the monument in the park.

SOLUTION IS NEXT

Grab the stones from the park, throw them at the cake, give it back to the bartender.
[close]

MAGNIFYING GLASS HINT)
Spoiler
When you talk to her she doesn't give you any hints.  So where are you going to get your hints?

Most of the stuff in the store is for sale.  She put up exactly one things of her own.

The girl's a fan of the DustBusters and has one of their posters on the counter.

Have you met anyone from the band recently?

SOLUTION IS NEXT

The drunk at the bar is in the band.  Go get his autograph.
[close]

NEXT IMPORTNANT HINT)
Spoiler

You need an autographed photo from DustBuster

Buy the drunk a drink in exchange for his autograph.  Oops he forgets the deal.

Of course, the autographed photo is already on him.

It's in his jacket... and you're not a pickpocket.  You need him to take his jacket off.

I think I'll let you sweat this one out for a bit.

SOLUTION IS NEXT

With his jacket on, buy him the drink.  Then head into the basement.  Turn the heat up in the bar to WARM.  Go back into the bar, the jacket will be on the seat next to him.
[close]

- Cogliostro

nihilyst

How can I repair the doll? I have the pencil, but what do I need to attach it?

The Last To Know

Spoiler
You need to find some wire.
[close]

If you can't find it,
Spoiler
look near the flowers at the statue.
[close]

But I have another question:
Spoiler
How can I investigate the van where Tim is hanging around? I already got the guy the ouzo-water. Can I get his moosehead somehow? I think I need it to talk to Tim...
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk