[RELEASED] The Dwarven Dagger Of Blitz 2

Started by miguel, Tue 01/11/2011 17:33:29

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Story so far:

On Chapter One, Trevor Lostpick left home after his parents decided that he wasn't born for farm work. The appearance of The Northern Star to his mother with the message that Trevor was destined to a great future of adventure was made clear, not only by the fact that Trevor was born with blue eyes (something that didn't run on the family) but with a gift of a pair of blue pants.
   With only some coins, a lock-pick and the desire to explore the World, Trevor arrived at Kriegson Town to start his adventure. There he met several characters that lead him to a dangerous path, to retrieve the Dwarven Dagger of Blitz from Castle Kriegson!

On this second chapter, Trevor will learn more about his destiny, make some unusual friends and give one more step to becoming a great hero of his time.
   Help Trevor Lostpick on this fantastic adventure set on medieval fantasy ambience with all the clichés that we love so much.

P.S: I want to thank all the people who wrote comments on Dwarven Dagger 1, it made me realize that I had to do the second chapter. It wasn't a great game but it was made with love.

***UPDATE*17.12.11*: I got some help from 2 AGS members and the game is now ready for testing and proof-reading!

***UPDATE*1.1.12*: Testing done, the dagger is bug-free! Proof-reading taking place as I write. Soon to be released.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

david

miguel
very good decision to keep continue with your project. I liked your first chapter .
thumbs up
looking forward to playing it  :D

miguel

Thanks david,

I will try my best to deliver a better game than the first one. Improving on the visual part is one of the main goals, although it's the story and the will to tell it that compelled me to come back to it.

Thanks for your support!

Dualnames

What is this 2007?

Miguel welcome back mah bratha!!  :D :D
Definitely looking forward to this.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

miguel

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 02/11/2011 01:07:53
What is this 2007?

Miguel welcome back mah bratha!!  :D :D
Definitely looking forward to this.

Hehehe! Are we THAT old?
Thanks Dualnames, yup I'm back with a vengeance!
I think one never leaves AGS for good, the little bug once planted will just wait for its time to put us on the drawingboard one more time.

I still love Dwarven Dagger, and as I said I want to make it better.
Nice to hear from you Dual, thanks!

CaptainD

Great news!  I liked the first Dwarven Dagger game, though I'm not quite sure if I ever completed it or not.  Nice graphic style you've got for the sequel (I seem to remember the first game being rather different visually... is it just my dodgy memory?!?)

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 02/11/2011 12:43:05
Great news!  I liked the first Dwarven Dagger game, though I'm not quite sure if I ever completed it or not.  Nice graphic style you've got for the sequel (I seem to remember the first game being rather different visually... is it just my dodgy memory?!?)

Your memory isn't playing tricks on you, Captain D, the first chapter's visuals weren't good at all, all rushed and unpolished. I wanted to release a game and that was it.
I also wanted to tell a story, and that was acomplished somehow, and it turned out that people did grew fond of the main character.
So, Trevor Lostpick is back with nicer graphics, thanks for the compliment.
Thanks Captain, see you soon.

miguel

Things are going smooth and at a steady pace, I work on it almost every day from 1 hour to 3 hours, depending...

I'm on the climax of the chapter right now, coding is taking some time but the forums provide all I need.
I draw, paint and code as I go and I can keep some good rhythm without boring myself.

So I guess more or less the overall progress goes about 60% of everything.

I leave you with two characters sprites:

Leopold, one of the Ogre Twins who appeared on chapter 1

Worklund, the evil wizard, making his début on the Dwarven Dagger

I'm trying to have this game finished before Xmas, but with no stress...It never works for me when I stress myself with dates.

NickyNyce

Glad to hear it miguel, this will be a nice christmas present. Good luck with finishing for the holiday.

miguel

Thanks Nicky,
if nothing strange happens to my life (like changing shifts at work) I'll be able to make it before the holiday.
Codewyse the difficult part is done, I'm still 2 rooms with puzzles behind. The rest are cutscenes, intro, credits, etc...

Like I said, it's all made with a Lot of Love, so it's like me and the game are dating...without the sex...

miguel

Just one room left to code some puzzles! Things are going smooth!
I guess I'll be looking for testers that are offering their services lately in a week or so.

Here's another character (The Duke of Kriegson, first appearance!):

miguel

Well, it's been 2 months after my first screen here, but it's worth the wait, you can now celebrate, take the day off!
The Dagger2 is done and ready for upload. Go on, now! You don't want to miss this!
It's like Xmas after Xmas! It's like Gandhi meets Rocky Balboa!

Check out the download link in Completed Games...

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk