Site update - recent December 24, 2012

Started by Renegade Implementor, Sun 11/09/2011 04:54:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

This thread is to notify everyone whenever the site gets updated.

The most recent update includes: an updated Krysis-style backgrounds pack (1237 k) and an updated version of the Space station theme pack with Krysis-style backgrounds  (394 k).

Renegade Implementor

Today marks RoN's 11th Anniversary.

There's a new, updated collection of Krysis-style backgrounds on the resources page at the RoN site, and a link for the Virtual Reality project has been posted in the Virtual Reality thread on this forum.

Happy 11th Anniversary RoN.

Ponch

CosmoQueen

11th Anniversary? Oh my God I can't believe I've been playing these games THAT long. I feel kinda old now LOL.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

cat

So, what about the lost info on the RON-Page? There are a lot of games missing. Will it be restored? Or is RON now officially considered dead?

CosmoQueen

Wow I just noticed the missing games. What's going on with that?

AGA

There was a database error, and for some reason CJ's database backups from the last couple of years don't include the RoN site database.  I'll look to see if there's anything to do, but we may have to just re add all the games manually...

Renegade Implementor

Glad to know what happened, and RoN is still alive (transported back in time perhaps but still alive).

Let me do some checking and hopefully we'll get things back to 2012 or as close as possible.

Renegade Implementor

I've had to recreate the character & game entries for the games that were released between 2008 - 2011.  The games that were released during this period can once again be easily downloaded from the RoN site.

Renegade Implementor

The links in the games database have been updated to correctly link to the game files.  I've tested everything and they all seem to work correctly, so it looks like we're finally back to normal.

CosmoQueen

AGA

Thanks, RI.  Rest assured, the RoN site database is now backed up along with the rest of the site, so something like this won't happen again.

Renegade Implementor

Thanks, AGA.

The respective bundles for the Krysis-style sprites & .cha files have been updated.

Renegade Implementor

The Krysis-style characters in .cha format bundle has been updated.

Renegade Implementor

The resource pack for the Krysis-style characters in .cha format has been uploaded to the site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk