What is your favorite game company or developer?

Started by Xionix, Tue 13/09/2011 17:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

On Anachronox, I always felt that as an RPG, it never really wowed me, as a puzzle game, it barely rose to the occasion...but as a story goes, it made me laugh in a way no adventure game has since.

"You left me in there for a year!  That was messed up."
"Or...you could repent, you cold-blooded killer..."
"Sly Boots...MASTER OF TIME AND SPACE!"
The concept of a planet as a NPC -- brilliant!

Good times.

Just dawned on me now.  PAL-18 is like a precursor to Jeff Jacques' Pintsize.

Xionix

I never saw those comics before, but yeah they are kinda alike. By ingenius I not meant hard, I mean clever and diferrent. The ones in Getta's Mansion or the way you beat the last boss, even now I have not seen any of that kind.

Guess Chachi was a very influential one, another god developer is Agustin Cordes, he created Scratches & Perfil De Riesgo, now he is making Asylum and I want to buy that one the very 1st day!!!

qptain Nemo

Anachronox is still pretty. :| And in fact it's prettier than most modern games. Because the count of polygons defines beauty much much less then attention to detail and actual sense and talent of making beautiful things. And that's not even touching the subject of how the life is blown into these models by characterization and emotion of their roles...
Saying that it's far "too ugly to be playable" just makes me wonder what the hell are you doing on AGS forums where most of games have amateur drawings for graphics and not Crysis-level graphics. Surely that's not satisfactory for you either? Oh and hey, have you seen your own game? That doesn't look like 2011 game, man. Where are all the shaders?

Sorry, say that I'm overreacting all you like, but I can't take such crude insults to the game that I consider the very pinnacle of gamemaking.

On-topic:
de-funct favourite companies: Ion Storm, Westwood studios, Legend entertainment.
alive: Revolution software, Pendulo studios

Ponch

Xionix

I agree with u qptain Nemo about the graphics,  but I also respect KodiakBehr's opinion, it does not look like Gears Of Wars 3 or any other of those games but its presentation is a work of art. I'm new into PC so I discover all those games recently, and I loved every minute of Anachronox, and after beaten it was an easy choice as my favorite game of all time. Is good to see all those companies I was not aware off  so I can learn some more about PC gaming.

Pyke

I'm a really big fan of Visceral (Deadspace series) and Irrational Games (Bioshock series). But my older all-time favorite dev was Black Isle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk