AGwaK Adventures and Hello AGS Forums

Started by Bernie, Tue 13/09/2011 04:37:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Oh hey. I used to visit the AGS Forums a lot a few years ago. Always had big projects going on but they never got done. I only managed to finish two games back then. :)

I haven't worked on any adventure games for years, so it was about time I made a new one. It's not AGS but Flash this time around. I'm experimenting with different development environments at the moment and Flash is alright and easy to use, but I'm not completely happy with it.

The game I made is called AGwaK Adventures and it's a pretty silly affair all in all:

That's a party hat on the monitor, by the way. I completed an adventure game after YEARS, so celebration is in order!

Download @ http://www.origamihero.com/games/kadv.zip

In AGS terms it would probably be a medium length game. := The cutscene system I made for it was inspired by the one AGS has. I always found it pretty easy to use. It was kind of tough to code a complete adventure engine in Flash - so many aspects to take care of. AGS is a lot more comfortable to use. Overall, I prefer pixels!

I'm glad to see AGS is still going strong! Lots of good new releases, too. Might as well make another AGS game... got a few ideas. We'll see! :D My completion/cancelling ratio still sucks, though.

This also is a general Hi to everybody on the Forums, so... Hi everybody - again!

bicilotti

arj0n

Welcome back Mr Cedric and the Reactor 09 Revolution.
Quote from: Bernie on Tue 13/09/2011 04:37:18
Might as well make another AGS game... got a few ideas. We'll see! :D

This also is a general Hi to everybody on the Forums, so... Hi everybody - again!
I'd like to see more AGS games from you.
Checking out this one later on.

Ali

A Game With a Kitty Adventure Game? Hooray!

I can't wait to play this, your two adventures are two of my all-time-favourites. Please make more right now!

Igor Hardy

Hurray, for the come-back of the legendary creator of Reactor 09 and Cedric! I never even had the opportunity to meet you before, as I joined in 2009.

Thank you very much for bringing AGwaK Adventures! But now go - finish Hero Theorem! We've been waiting so long for it!

Chicky

Woo! Bernie is back with his pretty way of colouring things, please stay and make more Cedric!

Dualnames

There it is. I was trying to make my 6000 post memorable. And here, you Bernie.

I missed you, you bastard!
So there it is, my 6000th post dedicated to you.
Also this feels like we're back in 2007. So yay!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Bernie

Yey, thanks!! :D

I've actually had a few ideas for another Cedric game, as for Hero Theorem... I'm not sure if that'll ever happen, it's so big and looooong. But I know that I'm not gonna stop making adventures and platfomers anytime soon. It's a fun hobby. Pixels never get old.

I also love that there a lot of new adventure developers on here. The Games in Production board is as busy as ever...! :)

And thanks for the 6000th post, Dualnames. 2007 was a great year.

Gonna check out AGS 3.2.1 now. Wee! :=

ThreeOhFour

Oh man, you are my hero. Downloading! Make more games please  :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Hey Bernie, I was wondering where you'd gone off to.  I'd seen some of your non-ags games pop up here and there after you disappeared but that was about it.

Bernie

Lots of stuff going on - school and a fulltime job, had to limit my game dev/computer time a little. But it's getting better. I've installed the new AGS version yesterday, and it's looking really good. Let's hope something comes out of it...! :)

Igor Hardy

I'm currently in the 2nd chapter of A Game with a Kitty and it's plain amazing!!! It's the kind of twisted, but still cute fairy tale style that I love.

btw I think you should get acquainted with thecatamites.  Quite a few of his games have a similar vibe to AGwaK.

blueskirt

Dem combo puzzles, you are the bane of me!

I somewhat expected more references to AGWAK and your other platformers, like seeing monsters and locations from the platformers or a Jump verb, but I'm loving the game so far. If only I could vanquish that evil combo puzzle.

QuoteI've actually had a few ideas for another Cedric game

YESSSSSSSS :D

-

And I finally finished it, it's good to see you back in the game making business, Bernie. I had a ball playing AGWaK III and I hope we'll see more of your games soon!

Igor Hardy

I finished too. Great fun.

Poor Kitty though - always abused by the other cats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk