AGS Draconian Edition 3.4.11 r10 (December 31, 2017)

Started by Alan v.Drake, Mon 26/09/2011 01:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan v.Drake

Well, look at that... it seems that AGS did not actually store the information that the clip was repeating, so the clip never repeated when loading savegames. (We're talking about the new audio system)
Was it always broken or did I break it with my magics ?

Whatever, click here to get the fixed acwin.

p.s: I was working on the 256 font support for fontedit, but I'm still taxed by stuff, so don't expect anything too soon, sorry.

- Alan

RetroJay

Hi Alan.

I am sure that it's always been broke.
Myself and other users even had the same issue with the original AGS 3.2.1.

Works fine now, though. ;-D
You are a genious.

Jay.

Yeppoh

Oh! That would explain that background sounds and music suddenly stopping. I wasn't able to reproduce that.
Good job.

Monsieur OUXX

Is it possible to switch back and forth between AGS 3.2.1 and Draconian r7?
I'm extremely interested in the "dialogs can have subfolders" feature of 3.3.0 beta 2 but that version is still way too unstable for me to use it. So I'm trying my luck on Draconian, but I don't want to break comaptibility.

dbuske

I like your editor, but it would even be better with custom resolutions.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 31/05/2013 13:50:27
Is it possible to switch back and forth between AGS 3.2.1 and Draconian r7?
I'm extremely interested in the "dialogs can have subfolders" feature of 3.3.0 beta 2 but that version is still way too unstable for me to use it. So I'm trying my luck on Draconian, but I don't want to break comaptibility.

You can switch back and forth as much as you want, provided you don't use the draconian-only scripting commands.

Quote from: dbuske on Fri 31/05/2013 20:24:46
I like your editor, but it would even be better with custom resolutions.

One day, maybe. Someone seems to be working on it on a fork on github. Eventually we'll get there

- Alan

Knox

I'm currently switching AGS versions and in the process I discovered a problem with the Draconian version I don't know how to fix:

Today I replaced the old acwin with the new one you sent out in april (I've been using the other acwin version up until now with r7noblend). Since the new acwin switch, I'm getting this error (I also tried running the demo game to debug but I still get the same results regardless of what game):

Is there something I didn't do correctly?
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Ryan Timothy B

If I recall correctly, the Draconian edition has a different Changeroom function.

I believe it's:  character.ChangeRoom(room, direction)

Knox

@Ryan: Ok I stumbled on a "fix" by re-opening the game in Draconian r4...then re-opening it in r7...then finally re-opening in r7 with the acwin fix. This stopped that error that was preventing to run the game, but I ran into the same problem when trying to change rooms. For some reason creating a new room to move to (and later deleting it) fixed the problem somehow. Im guessing room numbers or info got corrupted by switching ags versions?

:confused:

Yeppoh

Have you tried Build -> Rebuild all files? This should resolve the problem.

Knox

Quote from: Nefasto on Fri 30/08/2013 02:06:00
Have you tried Build -> Rebuild all files? This should resolve the problem.

Wow, ok something I didn't know...works, thanks! :grin:

Crimson Wizard

Alan, is this source a working one: https://github.com/AlanDrake/Adventure-Game-Studio/tree/Draconian ?
I have couple of compilation errors there, nothing too serious (meaning I could fix them), but that makes me wonder if it is really the last working version?

(Also this is a bit annoying that include paths are not set in the acwin project, but oh well...)

Alan v.Drake

Sorry for the late reply Crimson,
I've just commited the last two edits I did a while ago. I don't seem to get any error, let me know if something explodes.

I don't remember fiddling with include paths, but then again my memory has never been remotely reliable.

- Alan

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Alan v.Drake on Sat 21/09/2013 22:10:05
Sorry for the late reply Crimson,
I've just commited the last two edits I did a while ago. I don't seem to get any error, let me know if something explodes.

That's a bit strange, I got two compiler errors:
1. new Character_ChangeRoom function with 5 params is not visible in couple of files, so I had to declare it in acruntim.h
2. new_room_loop is not visible at Character_ChangeRoom, so I had to put "extern int new_room_loop;" before function implementation.

Alan v.Drake

Weird, did you switch to a newer visual studio ?
Or maybe my ags is not compiling what I expect it's compiling...

- Alan

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Alan v.Drake on Mon 23/09/2013 07:12:32
Weird, did you switch to a newer visual studio ?
No, still the same 2008 SP1. I open Engine/acwin.sln, if that matters.

Yeppoh

It works and compiles fine for me if I open acwin.vcproj to work on it. I've never tried to open the solution.

Crimson Wizard

Well, the solution opens automatically any way, because that's how MSVS works, since 2003th version, I think.

It is no big deal, but still very strange.

These are the errors I am getting when building acwin.vcproj right after checkout, related to missing include paths:
Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: acwin, Configuration: DebugWorking Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>adexfilters.cpp
1>.\libsrc\adexfilters\adexfilters.cpp(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>hq2x3x.cpp
1>sprcache.cpp
1>d:\projects\ags\draconian\common\wgt2allg.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>scrptrt.cpp
1>.\scrptrt.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>routefnd.cpp
1>.\routefnd.cpp(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>MOUSEW32.CPP
1>d:\projects\ags\draconian\common\wgt2allg.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>misc.cpp
1>.\misc.cpp(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>lzw.cpp
1>CSRUN.CPP
1>cscommon.cpp
1>compress.cpp
1>Clib32.cpp
1>ali3dsw.cpp
1>.\ali3dsw.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>ali3dd3d.cpp
1>.\ali3dd3d.cpp(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>ACWSETUP.CPP
1>.\ACWSETUP.CPP(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'acgfx.h': No such file or directory
1>acwavi3d.cpp
1>.\acwavi3d.cpp(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>acwavi.cpp
1>.\acwavi.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'allegro.h': No such file or directory
1>acsound.cpp
1>.\acsound.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acplwin.cpp
1>.\acplwin.cpp(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'acplatfm.h': No such file or directory
1>acplatfm.cpp
1>.\acplatfm.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'acplatfm.h': No such file or directory
1>Generating Code...
1>Compiling...
1>acgui.cpp
1>.\acgui.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acgfx.cpp
1>.\acgfx.cpp(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acfonts.cpp
1>.\acfonts.cpp(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acdialog.cpp
1>.\acdialog.cpp(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acdebug.cpp
1>acchars.cpp
1>.\acchars.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>acaudio.cpp
1>.\acaudio.cpp(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wgt2allg.h': No such file or directory
1>AC.CPP
1>.\AC.CPP(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'bigend.h': No such file or directory
1>Generating Code...
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\acwin___Win32_DebugWorking\acaudio.sbr': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Projects\AGS\Draconian\Engine\acwin___Win32_DebugWorking\BuildLog.htm"
1>acwin - 23 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
[close]

And after I add necessary include paths (to Common and Common/libinclude), I still got following compiler errors:
Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: acwin, Configuration: DebugWorking Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
<......... numerous properly compiled files here ..........>
1>acchars.cpp
1>.\acchars.cpp(570) : error C2660: 'Character_ChangeRoom' : function does not take 5 arguments
1>.\acchars.cpp(597) : error C2065: 'new_room_loop' : undeclared identifier
1>acaudio.cpp
1>AC.CPP
1>.\AC.CPP(20307) : error C2660: 'Character_ChangeRoom' : function does not take 5 arguments
1>.\AC.CPP(20317) : error C2660: 'Character_ChangeRoom' : function does not take 5 arguments
1>Generating Code...
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\acwin___Win32_DebugWorking\ALOGG.sbr': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Projects\AGS\Draconian\Engine\acwin___Win32_DebugWorking\BuildLog.htm"
1>acwin - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
[close]

Alan v.Drake

Ah...
apparently the very first time fiddling around trying to compile AGS, in a moment of devious enlightment I ended up adding absolute "Common" and "Common\libinclude" of the SVN repo to the GLOBAL INCLUDES.
It was something so horrible that my mind removed the memory.

This explains everything, I must have forgotten to update the damn .h files because it kept getting the right ones from the wrong places !

Proper commit incoming. Committed.

- Alan

Monsieur OUXX

Is there any plan of including the "256-characters SCI and WFN fonts" feature/hack into vanilla AGS any time soon? Just to know for how long I must resist the urge of breaking compatibility in my game :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk