AGS Draconian Edition 3.4.11 r10 (December 31, 2017)

Started by Alan v.Drake, Mon 26/09/2011 01:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

Hey, these blend modes, what blocks them from moving into the main engine code? They would be very useful for my game.

Snarky

What blocks you from using the draconian build for your game?

eri0o

I really want the new OpenGL render and the risk it won't work two years from now.

AnasAbdin

How did I miss this?! The vanilla editor really messed my sight :~(
I'm using AGS 3.3.3 640x400x32
Can I switch to AGS Draconian 3.4.1 r9 without jeopardizing the production of my project in anyway?

Alan v.Drake

Hello,
I've upgraded this project up to the latest AGS 3.4.1 RC1, so OpenGL support and all the other stuff has been ported over from the main branch.

I noticed some mistakes on my part about Game.SetDirectionRatio(float ratio), I don't know what I was thinking back then, so for now let's say that 1.0 actually means default and 2.0 is good for perspective.

This build is based on my no-legacy branch. To import games that aren't upgraded to the latest AGS you need to get Crimson's latest build, open the project and save it. Then you can starting using the draconian edition over it.

This is beta, so make sure to backup your project and report here if anything breaks.
Linux thingamajigs not included yet.

Download it here

EDIT: Updated to RC 2

- Alan

eri0o

Hey Alan!

The blend modes, could it be a plugin somehow? I would like to be able to use it with the main branch. I would like to have an object using a blend mode like overlay or multiply, on top of everything, to help with proper lighting.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 09/12/2017 10:51:09
Hey Alan!

The blend modes, could it be a plugin somehow? I would like to be able to use it with the main branch. I would like to have an object using a blend mode like overlay or multiply, on top of everything, to help with proper lighting.

As far as I know, it can't.
I could update my blendmodes feature branch and mix it with master to compile a custom version. But that'll still break compatibility because needs to add the BlendMode property to characters, objects, guis and overlays.

- Alan

Alan v.Drake

Happy new year folks!

AGS Draconian 3.4.11 r10 (December 31, 2017) DOWNLOAD

- Alan

Vincent

Grazie mille Alan,
Ti auguro un felice anno nuovo anche a te e congratulazioni per questa nuova versione di Ags Draconian! :-D
Now Downloading! ;)

RetroJay

OH MY GOD !! 8-0

Hi, Alan.
This is a little late... or not... but Happy New Year to you too.
I can't believe that I missed this new version.
I was just browsing through today and thought... WHAT THE HELL !! (wtf)

Thanks, Alan.
I LOVE your Draconian version so much and have already downloaded.
On a side note. I really wouldn't worry about the Linux thingamajigs.(laugh)
Never used Linux nor do I ever intend to use Linux. I make games for Windows.(nod)

-Jay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk