Background Blitz - Music (30/9 - 14/10)

Started by Daniel Thomas, Fri 30/09/2011 09:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

Topic: Music
Make a scene that brings your mind to music. It can be a stage, music shop or even a fun composition with clear rhythms and movement.
As the topic is music I would suggest people to take the chance reading up on Rhythm in pictorial composition. I think that can inspire for some creative solutions to the topic, if not atleast you are aware of the principle.

Voting: October 14

Restriction: AGS compatible.

Good Luck people!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

oraxon

Hi, all. Here's mine. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Where's the gameplay, you ask? Um..."destroy Beethoven with Rock N' Roll!"?

Sughly

oraxon

Thanks, Sughly!
Looking forward to some competition - you artists don't want a 3D picture to win, do ya? ;)

Secret Fawful

Enchanted Forest Orchestra - Not a new idea, but I was inspired by NiGHts and Disney.

EDIT: Worked on it a bit more. Final now.

Sektor 13

I guess it is really the time to make a game with this kind of background ! Eh ??

Secret Fawful

Don't give anyone any ideas. You trying to kill me, man?  :o

Daniel Thomas

Any last entries? PM me if someone needs extension. If not, I'll start the voting tomorrow.

Daniel Thomas

Since there is only two entries I will announce a winner:

Idea - Secret Fawful - I like this idea with Enchanted Forest Orchestra
Atmosphere - Secret Fawful - Great mood and atmosphere.
Design - oraxon - I feel the design is stronger in oraxons
Composition - oraxon - Great composition, full of rythm and repetition
Functionality - oraxon - Both seems practical in my eyes, I will say oraxon here since it has more walking space
Technique - oraxon - I feel oraxon took the piece to a clean and done state with the media he used. I would have almost wished a but more cleaning of the edges from Secret Fawfuls piece.

I will declare oraxon the winner fo this round. Thanks to both for participating!!

Ilyich

Really wanted to participate in this one, love the theme, but couldn't think of anything to draw.

Congrats to oraxon on a well deserved victory and a great entry. I like how you use 3d creatively and without sacrificing any of the artistic value. Also it's weird and abstract, which is awesome.

Secret Fawful's entry has a great thick atmosphere and I like the idea too, but it could've used a little more polish. Still, pretty good! Well done, guys!

Secret Fawful

Yeah, I admit I really kind of threw it together as a concept, composition, and painting, but I wanted to get an excuse to practice and experiment. Congrats to oraxon!

oraxon

Thanks, Secret Fawful. Liked your entry a lot. Wish I could paint that well.
I appreciate the compliment, Ilyich.
And thanks for the win, zyndikate!
I'll start the next competition very soon. Hope everyone will consider entering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk