Background Blitz Suggestion List

Started by OneThinkingGal and ._., Sat 01/03/2003 02:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Anyone have any ideas for interesting backgrounds they care to share?  :)

I'm going to add the (modified) rules for the blitz here since they arent posted every time:

This is going to differ from the sprite jam in two ways. I think it would be better if we voted for the winner instead of someone bring picked out by just one person. So we'll have a voting period after the end of the period so people can vote on the thread.

And two, we'll have an ongoing list of topics on a thread that people can just post thier ideas on and we'll just pick one out of there. This gives people who don't always win or participate but have good ideas a chance to contribute.

The winner gets the satisfaction of winning by vote and we'll make a gallery of the winners backgrounds.

Mmm tracing over photos not allowed, this isnt enforceable but you'll live with your conscience if you do it.   Comp ends every other midnight Friday UK time, voting until friday night. New comp begins friday evening simultanously with votes. Votes tallied saturday morning. That allows about two weeks for getting stuff done and I hope more than enough time for voting. :)

AlphaMole

A hermit guru's mountantop villa
"this is the worst thing I have ever tasted" *munch*
"then why are you still eating it?!"
..."It's in my hand"

Matt Frith

A cheese factory with lots of cheese....and monkeys...lots of teh monkeys  ;D

Miez

(a waiting room in) Heaven and/or hell

Rincewind

A scene form a rock concert... Hehe... ;D

Squinky

The home of the teenage mutant ninja turtles...

AndersM

a non-symetric room drawn in cartoon-style, but you still got to see that it's non-symetric, and not just an usual non-symetric cartoon-styled room...

Jimi

A Nazi war camp, with one rambo like guy in the background shooting theSHIT out of 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Happy Now?????????* By the way thanx

Squinky

Gah! I think you could have gotten your point across with a few hundred less !'s....please edit it...

earwigz

I would like to see a cafe run by a herd of midgets.  Kind of like a midget social club, with all kinds of weird midgetty objects.  ;D

Barcik

Only problem is that from this perspective everything will seem normal....
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

|Alky|

A Late-show style TV set.. ::)
Alright, this is a shameless attempt to get people to help out with the pilot program AGS TV show I'm making..
But it would mean the background blitz winner gets the added bonus of seeing their background used..
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Miez

A rubber blowup doll factory gone haywire.

Yellow is a Flavor

A bathroom overrun with monkeys. A confused, skinny person's house. Maybe a gigantic empty room, with no purpose but to waste space.  A death scene taunting the player is always good, and I've always wanted to see Chris Jones' name spraypainted on the overpass of a highway in some obscure AGS game.

Scummbuddy

You dont see CJ Saves!  all over where you live in real life?

.......or was that JC Saves!....  
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Heh guys, can we stick to just the topics in this thread please? And I'm kind of hoping we don't get too many bizzare or sax and violins themes because IMO that isn't nearly as good as an unusual background idea, being as common as it is.

Some nice ideas here so far. :)

For those who don't get what sax and violins is, say it out loud a few times. :P

Shattered Sponge

I love miez's idea - would require creativity, but woudn't be to challenging for the no-talents among us in terms of actaully being able to draw.

I would like to suggest the studio of a musician who plays both the saxophone and the violin.

MadReizka

A server room, you know, lot's of computer server machines and cabels and other stuff. Could be nice.
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Shattered Sponge

I think both I and Sylpher would have a very good idea of how to make that look...  BUT WHY?!?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk