Background Blitz Suggestion List

Started by OneThinkingGal and ._., Sat 01/03/2003 02:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Heh thats two votes for landmark and two for film noir. Although one of the film noir ones is a non-participating vote. :P Anyone else?

AGDZine, I'll talk to m0ds and see. :)

TheYak

Landmark for all the reasons stated above.

AlphaMole

heh.. as much as I like the absurdness of a film noir theatre.. I'd go with the landmark, for the same reasons ^__^

oh, and I really like the 'zine idea
"this is the worst thing I have ever tasted" *munch*
"then why are you still eating it?!"
..."It's in my hand"

Miez

Film noir, film noir, film noir! That probably didn't count as three votes, did it? ;D

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Well, we've got till Friday to decide...but so far looks like landmark is winning.

I talked to m0ds and he says he would love to put up the backgrounds, so when you submit the backgrounds please explicitly state that you would not mind your backs being used in this manner. Just add the line (Permission granted to submit to AGDzine) below the background.

If you don't wish to submit it, you needn't state anything at all.
It is perfectly acceptable to say no to this, and I don't think it will detract from the entry in any way. :)

cpage

here are new suggestions for a blitz

A hawiian paradise
An underwater scene
any thing 2 colored (EVIL :P )
old school Sierra (low res)
Your (the persons) backyard
Your (the persons) Room
Your (the persons) house
Your (the persons) favorite room in monkey island
Inside a hippy's house
Your (the persons) dream vacation

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

I suggest a scene with something that makes you actually feel sick. Or to be more clear, you should be _Very_ uncomfortable looking at it.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

JD

how about something with an odd size, like 800x200.. oh and 16 colors :)

btw I like the haunted house idea.. or the inside of a fridge when the light goes out! :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

A turkey farm(turkeys allowed :p)

An Amish Town

An abandoned ghost town like in the westerns. :P

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Glargh why did no one vote for a suggestion this time? :P

I'll go with haunted house unless someone objects in the next 2 hours.

scotch

I'd do a turkey farm, but I doubt gore is allowed and I'm sure you don't want my annoying vegetarian whine pictures anyway ;)

So yeah, haunted house is fine with me.

cpage

just a question do you kinda think that 2 weeks is too long?

I think one would be enough

veryweirdguy

I'd like to see people try their favourite room from Monkey Island 1 or 2 (cpage's idea).

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I put it at two weeks because most people can't find time to enter if its just a week. And also since backgrounds are larger than sprites, it takes more time to get them done.  :) The voting process also takes up some times, so a week would be kinda short.

The purpose is not to just get a bunch of entries in and decide and get it over with. Its to see the range of styles we have here, and how different people interpret things. It also helps you learn when you look at several variations on the same theme.

Is a haunted house exterior okay with you people  for next time? Gore is allowed :D since it goes with the theme.

SSH

My idea for a theme:

Any room with a window or hole in the ceiling which cannot be seen directly, but the shaft of light from it can be and someone's head is just visible in the shadow, peeking in on whatever is going on in the room....

Vel

Evil

this may be hectic but just listen for a second. how about we have each one 2 weeks long. after the first week of one we start another while the second one is finishing. i find that sometimes i have trubble with one and waiting two weeks is a long time. sometimes i get ancy to start the next one. it also give somepeople a longer time to finish. i dont know, maybe we could try it to see how it goes?  :-\

remixor

I like the college campus idea, mainly because it would mean all I'd have to do is finish the one I started but never completed for the landmarks one  :P

I also like evil's two-week dual contests idea.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I think it would be confusing for there to be two of the same competition running simultaneously. I WAS thinking of starting a compo with just art, not necessarily a background or sprite or any part of a game, but just drawing in general, since the current ones are pretty restrictive in style as well as content.  It'll sometimes be locations, sometimes people, and you can mix the two.

If anyone's interested in that, I can start that this weekend.

scotch

I'd love that.. I hadn't done any 2d art for ages until I got AGS.. it'd be nice to do some general not necessarily adventure game related stuff now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk