Kinky Island

Started by , Fri 21/10/2011 00:15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

This thread is not about The Forgotten Element... let's stay on topic.

m0ds

Lots more art has been made, but there's no denying it - we could use your help, and you can also help secure future projects by the team.

You can contribute to help us have it ready by Christmas 2012, and this also acts as a method to pre-order as the game is commercial... be a sexy hero of some kind, help us out!

http://www.indiegogo.com/Kinky-Island?a=23986

Your contribution will also help towards the development of Screen 7 (into a teh proper game studio!)

Privateer Puddin'

Shame it's not like Kickstarter where the money isn't taken until later. You'll have my money nearer the time though!

Peder 🚀

If I somehow magically get the funds to back this project I definitely will! :).

m0ds

Thanks! Tom, I hear you - there was an option for that, the thing is, if it doesn't reach the goal (in this case 2,000), all the funds get sent back to the contributors. Last time I checked Kickstarter was still for U.S. residents only (yep still is). Not sure if the card option takes it straight away or not but I'll look into that. Cheers for considering it though...you are life long fan!1 :)

Eggie, looks like you are a sexy hero!! Phwooar! THANK YOU!!  :=

Also Mr Wham Games...very kind! Glad you support tit--this.

WHAM

Hmm... Adventure, beaches, male protagonist, nice graphics, elite team of developers...

Hmm... I'm still not quite sure...

WAIT!? BOOBIES!!?? TAKE ALL MY MONEY RIGHT NOW!!!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 28/02/2012 12:53:47
Thanks! Tom, I hear you - there was an option for that, the thing is, if it doesn't reach the goal (in this case 2,000), all the funds get sent back to the contributors. Last time I checked Kickstarter was still for U.S. residents only (yep still is). Not sure if the card option takes it straight away or not but I'll look into that. Cheers for considering it though...you are life long fan!1 :)

Yeah, IndieGoGo do a refund where if it doesn't reach the goal, you don't pay. But they still take the money from you up until that point, and then refund. Kickstarter just doesn't take any until the very end, shame it's US only at the moment. Anyway, if there is still a $100 slot available later, that will be mine. I can be virtually humiliated. Hooray.

m0ds

@WHAM:

Thanks!!! ANIMATED boobies I hasten to add  8)

@Tomster: Awesome!! You'll be an awesome in-game character  := I just noticed the page makes out there are 35 custom characters available as a perk, which isn't a problem, unless they're all booked up by guys. See, the game is also sexist, so there is only limited space for blokes*. But consider your space reserved because you are a loyal kinky islander indeed :)

* Mind you, there is no evidence to suggest this game appeals to anyone other than blokes.

The Great Underground Empire

I just grabbed up the first in-game character position!  ;D  This looks awesome, I can't wait to hold my steamy, naughty little copy in my nervous, first-timer hands!

C'mon, pitch in everybody, we can make this game happen!

m0ds

Thanks a lot sir, great going! I'll be in touch to get a couple of photos from you in the near future :) Yours and those others who have pitched in have already helped get the ball rolling for stability with this project and Screen 7 itself. Woohoo!

nihilyst

m0ds

Ooh thank you nihilyst! Awesome and kind of you and all the other contributors. I'll be sending out the first update mid-week.  8)

Uh oh, why is this godawful adventure game character in our game?  :=

Tenacious Stu

If you have a tutorial for the game, you could call it a TITorial.

You can have that one for free  ;)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

$100 for an in-game likeness?  Holy shit...and to think I actually worked on this project for nothing way back when... :=

I'll see if I have some funds to give you a bump, but I can't promise much since money is not great right now.

m0ds

Limited space...limited people with $100.

Everything works out ;D

But thank you Progz, and thanks Stu! I don't think the alternative for walkthrough is appropriate to write here  :=

m0ds

Thank yous for your contributions to date, now www.kinkyisland.co.uk is finally in our possession (but nowt there yet!) If anyone feels they can supply a simple web-design unique to the project let me know, you will of course be able to take credit on the website itself and in-game as our designer, and get all the same perks as one of our contributors (free copy).

There's still time to make your mark on the Kinky Island funding, and anyone who does help out will get special offers on all up-coming Screen 7 stuff! Luke is warming up his paintbrush ready to draw sprites of real people into the game which will happen at the end of the IndieGoGo campaign. Of course, all pledges means a free copy...

http://www.indiegogo.com/Kinky-Island

Thanks again :)

WHAM

The lack of support for this project makes me sad :( It's like people dont care about boobs!
I'll see if I can scrounge up a little bit more money in support, but can't promise anything.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

m0ds

Your support for all things titties is admirable WHAM! Not to worry, the funding goal is a bit...crazy... But people have still been clicking the new website URL (despite me saying there is nothing there yet) and also the Summerbatch one (despite me saying there is nothing there yet) so the last couple of days has seen more traffic to the s7 website than the past year :P

But there is time. And that $300 raised has been purely from one thread here at AGS, so I really should go and mention it elsewhere. Very grateful for those who picked up the link (like yourself WHAM) on this board and helped out.

I'll make a short video for the IndieGoGo page for the final 30 days worth of campaign, with info on the new project and team and a little play-through of the old demo.

m0ds

Thank you those who have contributed recently...you know who you are! And surprisingly...a surge in female contributors  :o

Cat recently asked me a very important question - will the game have anything that will appeal to women, ie, sexy naked men?

This is a very good question and now that female contribution has occurred - one that will need to be answered in time... Answers to that and the universe, along with a short video explaining the game, will appear on the IndieGoGo page within a week. Once again thanks, there is still time to claim a perk, especially if your name is Matt Frith!  :P http://www.indiegogo.com/Kinky-Island

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk