[COMPLETE] BAKE SALE: Falling Skywards

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 22/10/2011 02:16:35

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

When the meteor hit, huge chunks of the earth were launched into the Earth's atmosphere. Now, high above the ground, where the air is thin and gravity weaker, there are whole cities, shattered and orbiting the planet.

Some see opportunity here and fly up in pairs - as one waits for the other in their aircraft, the partner searches through these broken midair wastelands for treasures that can be flown back down to people below, where the world is still recovering from the catastrophe, for a fair profit.

But these airborne cities are desolate and empty, devoid of life, for the air up here is too thin to support mammals without respiration equipment.

...right?

This is a doughnut that is part of the AGS Bake Sale project.

Icey

Tabata

So you will turn the rules upside down?  :D

Sounds like a very interesting story and the graphics are cute, as ever!

Rebuilding a new world in teams is a very good theme and soo much fitting to the situation!
... and again a unique title  8)

ThreeOhFour

S3 - Thanks :)

Tabata - Hehe, yes, the title was mean to be a little bit of a paradox :)

Thanks for the lovely comments!

tzachs

A new kind of pirating, the sky of opportunities, I love it!
Very imaginative and intriguing, and the art is, as usual, beautiful...

Matt Frith

Love it! Another masterpiece from Ben.  I especially love the bloom, it makes my eyes horny.

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Dualnames

I love this. LIKE UTTERLY LOVE THIS.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

Grundislav

Another beautiful Ben304 game.  I suspect that astronaut fellow will have a lovely voice.  ;)

ThreeOhFour

Thank you all for the lovely comments. They are very much appreciated!

Now, if you'll excuse me, my sweets tin has gone missing...

arj0n

Ben, this looks really sweet!

ThreeOhFour

Fitz

Ben, you just never cease to amaze me. This is pure beauty. The color palette makes it look a bit like watercolor paintings. And the story sounds very interesting, too, should make for a very interesting gameplay!

ThreeOhFour

Thanks Fitz :D

I've made a bit of a slow start because my computer was out of action for a week or two while I waited for a new motherboard, but had a good day today and we're rolling again, so hopefully we can build our momentum real well. Totally inspired by all the other cool bake sale games, this is one fun event :D

Ilyich

Ben, even though you've released quite a lot of games already, I always feel that it's not even nearly enough. And when you release every new game I get excited about it, play it and instantly wish there were more of them. Or that they were much bigger. And there were more of them. :D So it's great to see that there'll be at least one and a half more games by 304 in the near future. :)

As for the game itself - looking great so far (as per usual). The beautiful graphics and quirky inventive ideas are obviously there, so we'll just have to wait and then enjoy playing it, I guess. :)

markbilly

I feel I should draw attention to Ben's character sprites, which are getting more and more detailed and impressive as time goes on. Looks fab!

Wonkyth

Good point, actually!
There's a good history of improvement to be seen throughout Ben's games!  :D
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

ThreeOhFour

Ilyich - Thank you, that's very kind of you! I do love to make games, and have plenty of ideas I hope to turn into games. I have stuff planned out for bigger adventures, but bigger ones mean less of them haha.

Mark and Toby -  Thanks; I've been trying to improve my sprites now that I feel my backgrounds are better. There's still a lot to learn though - my job for Falling Skywards is fixing that main character sprite so it looks better  8)

Nikolas

How can the art be so amazing and the cursor not so?  :=
Other than that, even if I'm semi-away from our big blue cup forum, I still NEED to post here and say that "Ben: You're fantastic!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk