The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I wish Tabata were here to give me a better sad face than this one, :'(, because it is not doing my sadness justice.

I mean, never mind what I said. I said nothing. And if someone says otherwyz, they have lost their brain.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 22/10/2011 15:43:46
I wish Tabata were here to give me a better sad face than this one, :'(, because it is not doing my sadness justice.

Sadness? Don't be silly! This is a time for rejoicing! And, Snake, did you know that the AGS Bake Sale is open to all members of the AGS Community!

Why, even a longtime member in good standing such as yourself can join. All you have to do is get a game together by the middle of December. Heck, I think you should do that very thing! And this would be a great thread to recruit a little help if you don't think you'll be able to finish in time on your own!

That's a great idea you just had there, Snakey, old boy!

Anybody here want to volunteer to help Snake with a game? Just raise your hands! Don't be shy now!

I look forward to seeing what a venerable, nigh legendary AGSer like yourself can come up with, Snake. I do indeed!

These are exciting times in which we live, people. Very exciting!  :D

Snake

I just want to put it out there that if I need help on any aspect of the game (which is NOT Leitor's Edge, Duals.) I won't hesitate to ask. Currently the wife and I were working on it together. So thank you to all of you that have volunteered to help me out. Oh wait, nobody has. GAH! ::)

ThreeOhFour

The bake sale has been mentioned on the IndieGames weblog.

It's been an exciting announcement day, and there are still more games to be announced :D

m0ds

Nice initiative, Ponch! And the games look great too!

Looking forward to having a map again  :=

Ghost

I really think this has been one of the best days EVAR, to cite Duals. This reminds me why I love this place so much. And such a wide range of "cakes", from mystery to zombies to Australian game makers... man, great times.

tzachs

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 22/10/2011 17:29:38
The bake sale has been mentioned on the IndieGames weblog.

I've just spotted another mention on the Parking Goat blog!  ;D

ThreeOhFour

I nearly mentioned it, but didn't want to steal your thunder  8)

Ponch

Woah! Did it just get sticky in here?  :D

I've never had a sticky thread before! I feel like I'm somebody now!

And thanks Ben and Tzachs for helping to get the word out on the blogosphere! Now if only the AGS Blog would show some love to the AGS Bake Sale (oh, sweet irony!)

EDIT: Ben and Darth, I'm trying to respond to your PMs. But I've reached the arbitrary and minuscule 6 PMs per hour limit. Curse your spam filtering ways, AGS Server. Why do you do this to me when all I want to do is help you!  ::)

WHAM

Posting in a sticky thread!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Snarky

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 22/10/2011 15:33:06
I hope lots of you guys are following Frodo's example and starting a piggy bank fund. This "pay what you like" pricing scheme depends a lot on you guys deciding that "one shiny penny should do" is the wrong attitude and ponying up a bit more than that.  ;)

Could you give some idea of how much money you're hoping to raise? How much do you need in order to buy a new server, and how much beyond that can you make good use of?

Armageddon

I wish I had a game idea to join in on this. :'(

Ponch

Armageddon: You've got about two months to get one together for the bake sale. That's like two MAGS! Or eight OROWs! Plenty of time, if you ask me.  ;)

Snarky: We're looking to raise as much as we can. Whatever is left over after we buy the server will go towards the future of the AGS Engine itself (which is a secret I'm not sure I can talk about just yet).  :)  Trust me, great things are afoot in the land of AGS, sir!

Snake

Ponch, stop checking the forums every five minutes like me and work on your game!

Radiant

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 22/10/2011 20:27:20
Armageddon: You've got about two months to get one together for the bake sale. That's like two MAGS! Or eight OROWs! Plenty of time, if you ask me.  ;)

Hm, I might actually do that.

...to the Thinking Hat! Awaaaay!

Ghost

Okay lads and ladettes, the day's over here in freezing cold Germany. A great day, if you ask me. I promised that the very minute this thing backfired I would be right beside Ponch, with a fierce expression and menacing frown, shouting "It was him. Kick HIM!"

But it seems it has all gone down well, and that's nice. I said so before, but this was my effing highlight of the year. Ponch, Ben, and all you other superstars, thanks for... starting this.

David Ostman

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 22/10/2011 20:27:20
Armageddon: You've got about two months to get one together for the bake sale. That's like two MAGS! Or eight OROWs! Plenty of time, if you ask me.  ;)

If I'd known about this a bit earlier I might have been able to contribue with a side-project I've been whiteboxing out for funsies, but 2 months would be a bit on the short side for this one. At least for something I'd expect anyone to spend any hard-earned money on. I'm excited to see what you guys are up to, though! Great initiative to open more people's eyes to AGS :)

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 22/10/2011 21:04:26
Ponch, stop checking the forums every five minutes like me and work on your game!

Don't tell me what to do! You're not the boss of me! ;)

Besides, my game is 55% complete. How far along are you?  8)

Snake

You're right, I am not the boss of you.

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 22/10/2011 23:27:38
You're right, I am not the boss of you.

Darn right! Now get back to work! That's an order!  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk