The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

I love this bake sale idea! I wanna do something too!!! Anyone wants to team up?

straydogstrut

Wow, this is quite amazing, it really is! :o

I've been completely blindsided by this as I missed the original thread and only today, after getting back from my little holiday, did I see all the Bake Sale GiPs and think what the hell is this all about?? This is a fantastic idea and i'm proud to see so many of you answering the call to action. You're all wonderful people-shaped things :D

Wyz

So this is what's been going in. Better get going my dear bakers because the smell of fresh baked cookies is making me awfully hungry!  :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Chicky

The GIP board looks beautiful  :D

Ponch

Thanks, guys!

We're all working hard to make this bake sale a big success. If you think you might be able to cobble a game together in the time allotted, feel free to join us. We need the support of all the people-shaped things we can get!  :)

auriond

*reads topic* *reads list of celebs* *credit card appears in hand* Where do I pay?

*reads more carefully* ... oh. December. *crestfallen*

It happens that I'll be out of town over Christmas (in London actually - meetup anyone?) but I am definitely ready and waiting for this! :D

Ponch

Quote from: auriond on Sun 23/10/2011 02:03:25
It happens that I'll be out of town over Christmas (in London actually - meetup anyone?) but I am definitely ready and waiting for this! :D

Well you're in luck, my good man. As Ben304 has been PMing me about all day, apparently we live in a world of wonders filled with skypes, twitters, and other such amazing whatnots. I've been told that thanks to this fabulous world of tomorrow, you can order your baked goods from anywhere in the world and they'll arrive fresh and hot from our ovens to your door! Apparently it involves shoving them through a series of tubes or something. I'm not very clear on it myself, but Ben assures me that this sort of thing will be all the rage soon. Who knows, some day soon I might even give up sending messages via the telegraph and get with the skype-o-grams that he keeps going on about!  :)

LimpingFish

Quote from: auriond on Sun 23/10/2011 02:03:25
It happens that I'll be out of town over Christmas (in London actually - meetup anyone?)...

Head over to AdventureX, if you're there on the date! :D

On topic, I am hoping to have something baking soon!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

auriond

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 02:26:24Well you're in luck, my good man. As Ben304 has been PMing me about all day, apparently we live in a world of wonders filled with skypes, twitters, and other such amazing whatnots.

Astonishing! Amazing! What wonders have passed me by in my cave in the mountains! :o Time then to retire the old smoke signals!

Seriously though, I don't feel secure making payments over hotel connections (which in themselves are not terribly reliable, in my experience) so I'll probably just check them out, and then buy them when I get back. This will depend on how long the sale lasts, I guess.

LimpingFish: I saw AdventureX, but as it happens I'm flying AFTER that. :(

Ponch

We have our second sticky!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=44684.0

Thanks, Darth!  ;D

Also, the AGS Blog has taken notice of us!

http://ags-ssh.blogspot.com/2011/10/ags-bake-sale-lucky-dozen-few-more.html

Thanks Dualnames! You're a great guy, no matter what terrible things Darth says about you.  ;)

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 03:52:19Thanks Dualnames! You're a great guy, no matter what terrible things Darth says about you.  ;)

I do have a reputation to uphold you know :)

I wish more than anything (well, almost anything) that I could take part in this!  I might still take a stab at something tiny just to contribute!  Considering my last (and only) game was released in 2004!

I was getting used to those leather pants...

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 23/10/2011 04:26:08
I wish more than anything (well, almost anything) that I could take part in this!  I might still take a stab at something tiny just to contribute!  Considering my last (and only) game was released in 2004!

I was getting used to those leather pants...

Suit up, Darth! You have more than enough time to make a small one or two room game and still rule the Games In Progress forum with an iron fist! Put those leather pants on, Darth!

Hell, I still haven't taken mine off. That will be my Christmas gift to myself (and Kim) -- finally taking off these stinky pants once the bake sale is successfully behind us. But not one moment sooner!  8)

ShiverMeSideways

Ok, before I go whole-hog on this, I'd like to get your opinions.

I'm definitely not one of the "AGS big boys", nor would I want to take down the epic quality bar set by the great game makers of the forums, but I'd love to participate with something.

At first, I wanted to make a text-adventure game like the one I did for OROW, Procrastinator, only better, of course.  Then my thoughts shifted to an old idea I had: a text-mode shoot 'em up inspired by '90s DOS action games. So I made this prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1QgfQDbnsY

Before I'm at a level of a GiP thread, would you guys be interested in playing a text-mode action game? Would you want it in the bake sale? (Of course, after I put in all the elements I want and actually make it a game - i.e. randomly generated levels, power-ups, music, actual backgrounds, etc.)

Of course, the game is NOT text-mode, but it's at least inspired from that - this would solve numerous problems for me, including having to do artwork, and I really like the vibe it gives off.

I know that showing a very, very basic prototype concocted in 4 hours isn't much to base a judgement on, but should I continue working on this in the hopes of getting it in the bake sale?

Thanks for reading and watching, and hopefully replying! :)

Ghost

Quote from: ShiverMeSideways on Sun 23/10/2011 10:45:21
Before I'm at a level of a GiP thread, would you guys be interested in playing a text-mode action game? Would you want it in the bake sale? (Of course, after I put in all the elements I want and actually make it a game - i.e. randomly generated levels, power-ups, music, actual backgrounds, etc.)

As a great fan of DoomRL, I'd say go for it! The sale so far has already so many rather unusual setups and looks, and your idea sounds pretty unique too. Even if you DON'T enter the bake sale with it, MAKE that game!

(Of course, after I put in all the elements I want and actually make it a game - i.e. randomly generated levels, power-ups, music, actual backgrounds, etc.)
And that sounds awesome!

Wonkyth

Yeah, sounds great to me!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Ilyich

Oh my... This is soooooooooo awesome! Nice going, guys! Very excited about the whole thing, it's a shame we'll have to wait until December... What?! Freakin' December?! Did you really have to announce it so early? Do you want us to suffer?!

...so, anyway - fantastic idea, good luck with it, I'm definitely buying!

Ponch

I know that showing a very, very basic prototype concocted in 4 hours isn't much to base a judgement on, but should I continue working on this in the hopes of getting it in the bake sale?

Hell yes, you should! I'll be personally offended if this game isn't in the bake sale!  :D

If you have any questions, either post them here or PM Ben304 or myself. I'm already looking forward to blasting the hell out of the other letters of the alphabet.

Calin Leafshade

Ponch, using PMs for this with a 6 per hour limit was a bad idea :p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk