The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

You say! BTW, does an answer to a PM with multiple recepients go BACK to all recepients, too? I think I'm screwing up here.

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/10/2011 18:12:55
You say! BTW, does an answer to a PM with multiple recepients go BACK to all recepients, too? I think I'm screwing up here.

You think that's embarrassing? Try hitting the "enter" key instead of the "shift" key while trying to put that capital T in "Tier" and the next thing you know, you've sent a PM to only half the people you meant to and now you have to wait an entire hour to send it to the rest!

I can never show my face in public again!  :-[

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/10/2011 18:12:55

No, you just sent it back to me :p

Matt Frith

My name always ruins everything!

*Falls on sword*

Ponch

Oh noes! Now everyone can see that the bake sale isn't a flawless, inspiring, awesome organization! We're going to lose our cachet of cool. People will no longer look up to us as the titans of fashion and industry that we ought to be.  ;)

Ghost

BUT we are wearing leather pants.

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/10/2011 18:32:35

That's right! We are! That means we're STILL cool. Hooray! The day is saved! \o/

Radiant

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 18:16:42

That's rather fitting for your current avatar image  :P

Ponch

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 23/10/2011 18:40:29
Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 18:16:42

That's rather fitting for your current avatar image  :P

What? Hey! I'm trick or treating, baby! Why limit it to just one night when you can go beg for candy (and not have to comb your hair) for the entire month of October? I'm a visionary!

Ponch

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sun 23/10/2011 18:11:00
Ponch, using PMs for this with a 6 per hour limit was a bad idea :p

Truly. There has to be an easier way to do this than that. Do you have a better suggestion?

I wonder if Tzachs could set up a small, private forum for the baker's dozen over at Parking Goat where we can hash this sort of stuff out more efficiently? He's one of the bakers and he has his own forums. That might be the solution to our problem.

Dave Gilbert

Hey everyone!  I've recently offered to help out with the promotion and distribution of this bake sale, and I was officially accepted by the gang I thought I'd pop in to say hi.  I'm quite excited about this whole thing.

And Ponch - I've already set up some forum space, if you'd like to use it.  Check your PMs.

Tabata

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 18:34:09
Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/10/2011 18:32:35

That's right! We are! That means we're STILL cool. Hooray! The day is saved! \o/

As a true fan of my heroes I demand pics    

Ponch

Dave: I read your offer and just PM'd the bakers dozen about your suggestion. I have to run a few errands now but I'll be back this evening.  :)

Tabata: You really have a smiley for every occasion, don't you?  ;)

Snake

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 23/10/2011 19:51:17
Tabata: You really have a smiley for every occasion, don't you?  ;)
Yes she does! I always enjoy reading her posts ;D
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

ShiverMeSideways

Woah, woah, woah, thanks, everyone! I'm really happy and glad that you liked my idea and that you want it in the bake sale! However, this raises the following problem: this will definitely not be a PG-13 game, especially because of... well... you know, violence and satanism and all that good stuff that made '90s shooters so fun to play!

If this isn't a problem, then it seems...

Hell is coming to the bake sale!

Ghost

Quote from: ShiverMeSideways on Sun 23/10/2011 22:19:10
Hell is coming to the bake sale!

Shotgun, check. Zombies, check. Pixel blood, check... INSTANT CLASSIC!

I wouldn't mind the non-PG, by the way. I worried a lot about that too. Seems the forums are mature in that respect, and you have to be a certain age to use PayPal anyway. Chances are good that most buyers have seen worse than a dismembered "Z" (even a capital one).

[edit]
Say, where do you get those sound effects?

ShiverMeSideways

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 23/10/2011 22:28:47Shotgun, check. Zombies, check. Pixel blood, check... INSTANT CLASSIC!

I wouldn't mind the non-PG, by the way. I worried a lot about that too. Seems the forums are mature in that respect, and you have to be a certain age to use PayPal anyway. Chances are good that most buyers have seen worse than a dismembered "Z" (even a capital one).

[edit]
Say, where do you get those sound effects?

Hey, thanks, Ghost! I guess you're right, maybe I'm worrying too much.

The sound effects I made using a chiptune VST called "magical8bitplug" in Fruity Loops - really simple to use and sounds great. For the zombie growl, I just put in a phaser over one of those chiptune synths. The sound effects seem to be gathering quite a following, glad you like 'em ;D

Ghost

It's like sitting in front of a 086 machine again! Now if someone comes up with a true text game, we have almost any odd genres covered. Er, not really, but you know what I mean. Diversity and such. And shotguns, naturally.

Any chance for a rocket launcher?

Ponch

Quick! Someone needs to come up with an old school pen and paper (and dice) game for the bake sale. We're going super old school this time!  :D

Technocrat

So, is it still possible for people to climb on board with this? I'm sure I've got all kinds of ideas just leaking out of various orifices.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk