The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Darth Mandarb

mirror: http://www.twin-design.com/ags/bakesale/ (this is actually where the site is hosted... I'm not sure why the url redirect isn't working properly... I'm contacting the registrar!)

Ponch

Too much traffic, Darth. BMT Micro is having troubles too. Hell, my own barn runner site went down for about five minutes. That's never happened to me before!  :D

Darth Mandarb

Yeah... well I suppose that's a good thing ;)

I was able to get in from that other link I sent but even that's not working now!

Peder 🚀

I have to download every single game seperately? :(.
Would of been great to of had 1 file with all the games in aswell..

Ponch

Dave's PR person just e-mailed me wanting to know why all of our websites were down!  :D

Ponch

The individual downloads are there to make it easier to patch / update games if that becomes necessary.

Stupot

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 20/01/2012 17:21:58
You could always just visit https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=6694&PRODUCTID=66940013

About VAT, if people are using Paypal to buy, just choose country as "United States" for example, then choose paypal as payment solution.. Should remove the VAT.

It didn't work :(
As soon as I got to the Paypal page it still added te VAT on.

Darth Mandarb

My server should be more than adequate to handle the traffic... I have contacted the hosting company to make them fix it.  If all of a sudden the site was flooded with traffic they might have (falsely) assumed it was a DDOS attack or something and shut it down...

Ponch

Your page is back up, Darth it's just running really slowly.

Thanks so much for all your support (and patience), everyone. We really appreciate it. Please bear with us and I apologize for your VAT tax. There's nothing I can do about that. I blame Greece, I suppose. Let's all tell Dualnames this is all his fault.  ;)

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 20/01/2012 17:32:07
Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 20/01/2012 17:21:58
You could always just visit https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=6694&PRODUCTID=66940013

About VAT, if people are using Paypal to buy, just choose country as "United States" for example, then choose paypal as payment solution.. Should remove the VAT.

It didn't work :(
As soon as I got to the Paypal page it still added te VAT on.

Hmm oh well, I guess it is because my paypal account is a "Norwegian" one, and it seems the VAT is not added for Norwegian customers...

ThreeOhFour

In between replying to tweets, DMs, PMs and emails I am playing RAM Ghost. It's keeping me sane.

Seriously, buy the bundle so you can play it (and the other games :D) and it will be totally worthwhile  :=

Darth Mandarb

I have, for now, just put a re-route on the main page that links to the main "purchase" page...

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 20/01/2012 17:40:20
In between replying to tweets, DMs, PMs and emails I am playing RAM Ghost. It's keeping me sane.

Seriously, buy the bundle so you can play it (and the other games :D) and it will be totally worthwhile  :=

I'm playing the Ben Chandler game right now. Love the theme song. That is sure to be stuck in my head for years to come.  8)

Ghost

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 20/01/2012 17:40:20

;D

And another  ;D to everybody out there buying games. This is really cool to read.

m0ds

Nice well done, I will temporarily declutter the T&C stickies so that the bake sale thread remains obvious.

Dave Gilbert

The VAT charge is a good point.  I'll see if I can remove it.

SirPrimalform

Is the VAT going to be removed soon? I wouldn't normally complain (after all, it's not your fault I have to pay VAT normally), but this is for charity and AFAIK I shouldn't be charged VAT for it.

Pre-post EDIT: Oh, I see Dave Gilbert is looking into it, hooray!

Ponch

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Fri 20/01/2012 17:51:30
Is there a suggested amount at all? I have no idea what I am paying...

Ponch's general guidelines to American currency

10 USD is for broke college students.
25 USD is for people with decent jobs.
50 USD is for people who love AGS and want to help sick kids and earn karma points.

These figures are just suggestions, of course.  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk