The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

david

Dave Gilbert

Hah. And a freeze was put on my account for "unusual behavior." Apparently transferring over $4k via Paypal is considered unusual!

All fixed now. Serves me right for not keeping the money!  :=

Ponch

At least it was resolved quickly. I've heard some real nightmare stories about PayPal and their bone=headed decisions.  ::)

Radiant

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 23/03/2012 15:31:44
At least it was resolved quickly. I've heard some real nightmare stories about PayPal and their bone=headed decisions.  ::)

Yep. Ask the SA forums any time. Since Dave says they already froze his account, I would seriously consider finding a different pay server for next year's Bake Sale.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 02/04/2012 20:41:30
I would seriously consider finding a different pay server for next year's Bake Sale.

Or if the money will go to 1 charity like last time have the money paid straight to the charities account?

Ponch

WHAM, will we be getting any more Let's Plays? There's still a game or two left that need to be recorded so that the scientists of tomorrow can study us.  :=

WHAM

Better late than never, right? RIGHT!?
Ponch has been pestering me over not doing the rest of the videos so I took steps to get him to stop. Thus, here is a new video: ENTRAPMENT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2E3Sv7lDDg

Videos for Fragment and Abner the Amazing are also in the works now, Red Volition, unfortunately, not (for various reasons). Back with final updates on this matter SOON!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

Sweet! One stop closer to a complete record of our moment of awesomeness.

But Tenacious Stu wouldn't sit in on this? Come on, Stu! Do it for the children!  (nod)

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

Thanks, WHAM. That's almost the full set now, right?  :cheesy:

WHAM

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you: FRAGMENT
http://youtu.be/DzEsNawUqHI

I'll see if I can get Ben to give me some comments of his to add as well.

This is probably the last of the Bake Sale Let's Plays, as Red Volition has now bugged out on me more times than I can count and I just can't finish it. In fact I can't even finish the first level without it either crashing or getting stuck or something... :( I'll give it one more shot, though...

Ponch

kaputtnik

Yup, thanks WHAM. And thank you for adding in my comments! Now Ben has to sit through the video and follow either what's happening in the game, what you are talking about at that moment or what I wrote in my comments, and then write comments himself - what a lovely way to spend an extended afternoon!
I, object.

ThreeOhFour

Thanks WHAM for doing an LP, but man, how will I fit writing comments for it in between drag racing all the guys, sweet talking all the girls and playing rock and roll like I just don't care?

I guess I will have to squeeze it into my otherwise busy and important schedule at some point! Boy, do I need a root beer float!

Ponch

Sigh. Poor Ben.  (wrong)  I remember when it was all about the games for him. Then he discovered girls and got hooked on the root beer.  It will all end in tears, I just know it. :~(

JenniBee

Is there any way I could still buy these games?  I feel a little silly, I meant to pick these up and I promoted them on mixnmojo and on my blog, but I forgot about it until the bundle was over. :/

Ponch

Sorry, JenniBee. But when the sale ended, we took down the order page and closed the store.  :(

But don't despair. Next March, the rights to all the games revert to their original creators. I know many of them (perhaps all) are planning on releasing their games to the public for free when that time comes. I know I am.

Until then, I'm sorry you missed the sale. But thank you so much for promoting us over at Mixnmojo (still one of my favorite sites on the interwebs) and helping to make our fundraiser a success.  :)

Ponch

JenniBee

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 15/07/2012 16:50:27But don't despair. Next March, the rights to all the games revert to their original creators. I know many of them (perhaps all) are planning on releasing their games to the public for free when that time comes. I know I am.
That's good to know.  Can't wait to get a chance to play at least most of these games. :)

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 15/07/2012 16:50:27Until then, I'm sorry you missed the sale. But thank you so much for promoting us over at Mixnmojo (still one of my favorite sites on the interwebs) and helping to make our fundraiser a success.  :)
No problem. :)  I'll definitely do the same if you decide to do it again, although next time I'll be sure to donate myself before the bake sale ends. :)

Xyzzy

This place is a party, but when the Bake Sale tool place I was at the kitchen...

I read that the game authors are free to re-release their games a year after the Sale. Is there any information which author will do so? I hate sounding like a freeloader, but I watched several Let's Plays and would love to get the games!
Also, since almost a year has passed, will there be another Sale?

Ponch

Quote from: Xyzzy on Sun 26/08/2012 10:46:59
I read that the game authors are free to re-release their games a year after the Sale. Is there any information which author will do so?

I plan to release mine. I think Ghost is also planning to do the same. I don't know about the others.

As far as another Bake Sale goes, we're talking about it behind the scenes, but no firm plans exist yet. When they do, we'll let the community know.  :smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk