[COMPLETE] BAKE SALE: Escape the Barn

Started by cat, Sat 22/10/2011 19:01:37

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Another game for the AGS Bake Sale:
Before Barn Runner, there is

Escape the Barn

This is a classical escape-the-room game. Can you escape from the barn by using only the stuff you find inside?

Who has locked the door?

Come here, kitty!

Features
*) simple interface
*) cute farm animals
*) lots of object combination

tzachs

Oh noes, please don't hurt the kitty!
Once again, you've managed to create something that looks cute as a whistle, yay!  :)

Ponch

It's adorable! This will surely be the sweet icing on top of pile of baked goods!

Tabata

I get a feeling like pushed into the apple farm  :D
Clean and cute graphics and a lot of inventory-combinations sounds good to me

Ghost

An awful lot of barns around lately, isn't there?

Looks cheerful and cute, cat!

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 22/10/2011 22:05:05
An awful lot of barns around lately, isn't there?

Hmmm... Now that you mention it... It does seems suspicious... and a little sinister. It raises questions, now that I've had a little time to think about it.

How does this tie into Apple Farm? Is it a prequel? A sequel? A sidequel?

While I was playing Apple Farm, was this person trapped inside the entire time? Or is this the fate of our stalwart hero immediately following Apple Farm? Were we trespassing? Is this our punishment for picking all those delicious apples? How long are we in here for? And what will happen to us if we don't escape?!?  :o

Damn, Cat, this game is creepy as hell. I had no idea you were making a Halloween game!  :=

Matt Frith

Loving it Cat. For some reason I am reminded of The Incredible Machine but with added cat of course.
Whee!

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 22/10/2011 21:39:27
I get a feeling like pushed into the apple farm  :D

That's exactly what I thought!

That whole time I was finding apples, I never knew there was a sinister secret concealed within that barn - someone trapped inside!  :D

cat

Quote from: Tier on Sun 23/10/2011 00:27:13
Loving it Cat. For some reason I am reminded of The Incredible Machine but with added cat of course.

Actually, TIM had a cat
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/67970-the-incredible-machine-dos-screenshot-the-cat-chases-the-mouse.png

Regarding Apple Farm: If you completed the game, you will know that
Spoiler
you have to open the barn door there to get one of the apples
[close]
so I'd rather say this is a prequel to Apple Farm.

And no worries, the cat won't get hurt!

ThreeOhFour

I did complete the game, but I had forgotten that particular bit.

Wait... are you saying that

Spoiler
the player character is an apple?  :D
[close]

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sun 23/10/2011 11:54:43
Wait... are you saying that

Spoiler
the player character is an apple?  :D
[close]

What a twist! It's like M. Night Shymalanaananana: The Game!

Baron

Ah, at last a bake sale item that I can play with my daughter.  Looking forward to it!

cat

I recently made some pretty good progress. The main rooms and GUI are done, now I'm creating the closeups and more animations.

But to finish this game I need a musician. So if you think you can create a tune that will fit the game and want to join the bakers team, PM me!

cat

Small Update: The music is done, I just need to implement the last minor suggestions from my testers. The game will be finished on time for the bake sale!

Tabata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk