BAKE SALE: SCOUT

Started by ddq, Sat 22/10/2011 21:19:13

Previous topic - Next topic

ddq

SCOUT

They give you medicine when you're in hypersleep so you don't dream. It's a one-man mission. The longest ever attempted. Science must march onwards.

Scout is the story of a lonely astronaut on the mission of a lifetime. This top-secret expedition requires absolute commitment, every order coming from a set of mysterious instructions. So the Scout follows the orders. No matter the uncertainty, the mission must come first.

Arrow keys to move. Space to interact.

Featuring:
-Pixels
-Space
-Four whole colors

qptain Nemo

Ooo, I love the palette.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Sat 22/10/2011 22:13:53
Ooo, I love the palette.

Second. I also like the retro styling. The Zephyr looks something from an old school Atari game and the hero looks cool as well. I like it!

Snake

Asslover88, stay on topic, please.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Dualnames

I really like the palette though, and I'm not sorry, Snake.
Is this a keyboard controlled game?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 22/10/2011 22:42:59
Asslover88, stay on topic, please.

Hush, Snake. Get back to work on your game! We're all counting on you!  ;)

Ghost

This brings back memories of a time where you seriously owned the neighbourhood with an Atari console. Looks cool indeed- I love that subtle shadow-effect on the character.

Snake

All of a sudden the Bake Sale is relying on me? Hogwash. You stay on topic too, you dancing cow (and try to resist replying to Ghost's comment about the Atari, I know it's hard, but you must).

Game looks great, by the way, ddq.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Can't... resist... Atari... memories... flooding back.... Watching... Jason of Star Command... and then... playing Defender... Count Chocula... I can... practically taste it...

(Passes out from nostalgia)

Tabata

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 22/10/2011 22:45:29
Is this a keyboard controlled game?
arrow-keys to move and space to interact sounds to me like that  ::)

But only FOUR colors sounds to me like self mortification
but as the screenies show, everything is possible!
Well done -

Ghost

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 22/10/2011 23:03:01
But only FOUR colors sounds to me like self mortification
but as the screenies show, everything is possible!

Annie Android did it with two colours (though there were shades of each). And to kick the nostalgia again: Original GameBoy.

[edit for Ponch]
All the Bake Sale threads are getting me confuddled. I spoke in TONGUES just there. Now translated.

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 22/10/2011 23:07:26
Annie Android hatte zwei Farben (allerdings hatte jede noch ein paar Schattierungen)- Orange und Blau.

Hmmm. Let me take a pass at this...

"Annie Android's hat swiped for Ben (allergies [to the] hat Jed [Clampett?] nocked on par [with] Jager Meister) - Orange and [Summer] Glau (which are the new flavors of Jager, I'm assuming)."

How'd I do?  :=

Edit for Ghost: I was just kidding around. Based on no evidence whatsoever, I just assumed my German was flawless and wanted to flaunt my obvious mastery of languages. ;)

Matt Frith

Looks good, Mr. Wellman.  I am intrigued by this four colour business...should be interesting!

ThreeOhFour

Haha oh man lowest res ever and I like it.

Also hooray for 4 colour palettes! Yours looks a lot saner than any of my 4 colour experiments  8)

Ilyich

Hey, those are some adorable pixels! I like my pixels like I like my women - rectangular and on a computer screen!

tzachs

Respect for having only 4 colours and still having something that looks nice and readable.
And also respect for being the only (so far) non adventure game of the bunch.
And also #2, the back story sounds interesting, I hope you will flesh it out more...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk