BAKE SALE: Blue Lobe Inc.

Started by Baron, Sun 23/10/2011 02:31:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

As part of the upcoming Bake Sale, I would like to announce my contribution:

BLUE LOBE INC.

The Plot: Three amateur enthusiasts band together to launch their own indie adventure game company.  Moving in together into a one bedroom apartment in one of their parent's basements, they set about to make their dream of creative entrepreneurship a reality.  Financial ruin, starvation and neighborly ridicule lurk around every corner in this comic-strip-esque adventure.  Will Blue Lobe Inc.'s first game launch despite the wolf at the door?  Will the mysterious flamer known only as "The Eviscerator" be stopped from panning their demo on a prominent game review site?  Will the boys survive contact with a human female IRL?  The answers to some of these questions might crop up in the actual game, so stay tuned!

The Cast: Using forum nicknames rather than their "pedestrian monikers", the three could not be more different.
Lazarus: The big picture guy.  He is the main writer and musician, prone to frequent bouts of distraction and laziness.
Mothra: Your classic nerd.  He is the programmer and the organizer, but obsesses over tangential details.
Cuddles: The overly-sensitive artist.  When he's not binge-eating to sooth his wounded pride, he's creating pixelated masterpieces.

Screenies -note the primitive comic-book style is intentional and not just a cop out  ;)

Features
-three playable characters!
-adventure game meta-humour!
-speech bubbles!
-veiled references to various prominent AGSers!
-voice acting!  Well, maybe....

Progress
Writing 10%
Graphics 20%
Programming 20%
Music -if anyone's interested post here or PM me.

Release Date: Basically I'll just be wrapping up what I've got done when Ponch tells me to  ;).

ThreeOhFour

Look and sounds lovely! And again, characters that a lot of us can relate to  :=

Igor Hardy

Looks excellent!

I already want to hug Cuddles! His eyes look so sad.

And man is that monkey wench in a handy shape!

Tabata

Quote from: Baron on Sun 23/10/2011 02:31:21
-veiled references to various prominent AGSers!

This will be funny!   

Ghost

Now that is pretty unique-looking! Almost like a play-the-comic-book!

Ponch

Very cool looking game, Baron! I'll let you know when to stop making it so awesome!  ;)

Chicky

Blistering barnacles!

That's my band logo on the wall! Does that mean that the dude with the crazy big black hair is me?! Lazarus?  :P

Also Baron, i'm no longer in that band :(

But this is freakin' cool anyway!

*Honestly, i've just woken up and for a moment i thought that i'd finally lost my mind.

Baron

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 23/10/2011 12:34:26
Blistering barnacles!

That's my band logo on the wall! Does that mean that the dude with the crazy big black hair is me?! Lazarus?  :P

Also Baron, i'm no longer in that band :(

But this is freakin' cool anyway!

*Honestly, i've just woken up and for a moment i thought that i'd finally lost my mind.

Feature
-outdated veiled references to various AGSers!

Actually, the band poster will probably move to the sound studio once I've finished designing it.  If you've joined a new band then send the logo along and I will add that one too!  The music references are all to build the character of Lazarus as a connoisseur of the indie music scene, and in no way imply that he actually is a parody of one specific person.

Calin Leafshade

Am I in it? Make me hot.

And if *perchance* my character's penis is shown, don't let me down.

tzachs

WOW! Love that style!

Also, I see you're getting some inspiration from real life to your game.
That's excellent, and seem to be a popular choice for the bake sale, what with Grundislav's game, and also with Ghost's game...  :D

Ghost

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 23/10/2011 22:30:22
That's excellent, and seem to be a popular choice for the bake sale, what with Grundislav's game, and also with Ghost's game...  :D

Have you ever BEEN to Aachen city at night???  ;D

tzachs

No, but now I desperately want to...  :o

Ponch

Maybe it's just my own ego talking, but it seems to me the empty space on that shelf would be filled perfectly with a small, windup dancing cow. ;)

Baron

Well, I'm not really going for the overt parody of individual AGSers; more an insider's take on the stereotypes behind the genre.  The references to individuals will all be veiled and just a "bonus" to those in the know -the game won't depend on them.  So if anyone wants to send along a veiled dancing cow, maybe doing some sort of belly dance, we may well have something to discuss.  Otherwise I'll only add it if it makes sense in the context of the game.

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Mon 24/10/2011 04:07:27
So if anyone wants to send along a veiled dancing cow, maybe doing some sort of belly dance, we may well have something to discuss.

Will this do?

Matt Frith

I totally missed this in the crazy mad rush!

I like the style and those characters look darn cute, especially Cuddles. YAY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk